• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
How? If the mirror was in the center of the windshield like other cars then all you would see is a reflection of your forehead. Unless you are really short, in which case you would see the back seat headrest. And if you folded the back seat down, you would see the inside of the rear hatch.

If you need to see behind you like that, maybe get an extra mirror installed on the starboard exterior, roughly in the location of a standard rear view mirror. But really, I think as soon as you sit in one you'll see how unnecessary it is. Below is the P3, but these angles will be true for the production car as well.
blind-spot-question-jpg.80.jpg

The Same Technology that's used in Rear View Mirrors inside of Motorcycle Helmets. That's how.

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Since NO NEW TECHNOLOGY is supposed to be used in the Eliot in order to keep the Price at $6800 then also have a Standard Analog Instrument Panel and Not the Dial Speedometer and Tachometer.

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
How? If the mirror was in the center of the windshield like other cars then all you would see is a reflection of your forehead. Unless you are really short, in which case you would see the back seat headrest. And if you folded the back seat down, you would see the inside of the rear hatch.

If you need to see behind you like that, maybe get an extra mirror installed on the starboard exterior, roughly in the location of a standard rear view mirror. But really, I think as soon as you sit in one you'll see how unnecessary it is. Below is the P3, but these angles will be true for the production car as well.
blind-spot-question-jpg.80.jpg
Sethodine; Not Everyone has their Mirrors in that Exact Position, so you Can't say How Small or Non-Existent the Blind Spot is.

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Skyzmatic App.
A Downloadable App for Whatever OS Tablet that You Currently Own.
The Skyzmatic App would connect to the Vehicle through the USB Port and Give You All the Information Needed about the Vehicle.
Also, "IF" Your Tablet has a Data Plan to Connect Wirelessly, then More Features could be Available at All Times.
This could be a Huge Interest for Elio Owners.

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
In reference to the Lights on the Wheel Pods.
Have a Light / Reflector that's just a Reflector on the Back Side of the Wheel Pod and wraps around to the Side of the Wheel Pod that's a Marker / Turn Signal as to Not be Too Much of a Distraction to the Driver because of the Reflector being Lit Up.
And then as an Indicator to Everyone Else as to the True Vehicle Size and a Signal that the Vehicle is going to Make a Turn.

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I also have OCD about what's going on under the hood.

This would be Solved in one of three ways.

The First would be to have All Gauges.
The Second would be with the Skyzmatic App for a Tablet.
And the Third would be to have a Fully Computerized Instrument Cluster which could get upgrades when the Vehicle gets Serviced or be Downloadable to be installed when the Tablet is Connected again.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, by that logic I should have sued GM when one of their vehicles WITH a rear camera, mirrors, and warning beeper, backed into mine? They could have prevented it by locking out reverse for drivers too stupid to use it.

It was said above, we need to bring back personal responsibility - unfortunately tort reform is probably the only way to do that, we as a country are over that edge already in my view.
I'm sympathetic to your position. Tort reform is a good idea, IMO. Speaking of personal responsibility, I have to have a small medical procedure done in a couple of weeks. They want me to go in for pre-registration. OK. I also had to have a physical done. Yep, had all that done a couple of weeks ago. "Yes, but we want these additional tests." "No," I said. "This is CYA only and I won't agree." Well, they said, I guess that's OK.

"Now," they said, "when you come in for your pre-registration, you need to bring all your medications with you." That's where I lost it. 'You have the list," I said. "It's current and correct, so live with it. I refuse."

No blow-back yet. And frankly, I don't care. This crap adds cost to the system, accomplishes nothing, and treats the customer, I mean patient, like an incompetent or liar or both!

Now THAT is an over-regulated system,and I bet tort reform would clear a ton of that sh*t out of our systemic colon!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
does anyone seriously believe that attorneys working for EM haven't reviewed this and other potential liabilities .... I well remember that all talk of a trailer hitch option ended when attorneys assessed the liability .... we can sit and play "what if" all day but EM is most certainly doing it for real
Actually, it's entirely possible that EM may not be thinking defensively, or paying anything in legal bills they don't have to. But the camera issue? It's still up in the air so far as I know, and is not planned as a no-cost feature.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Figure out a way to spice up the bland dash. That's a hard point to complain about in this car though. But as a nitpick, I wish the whole drivers compartment was less boring.
I agree completely. The P4 was NOT boring ... more dramatic use of color for one thing. This thing has the charm of an outhouse wall. It begs to be written upon.

Top Bottom