• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
possible but I doubt it .... as noted, the sudden change for having a sanctioned trailer towing option indicates to me they are being proactive
In that case yes. I'm not sure you can extend it to their general behavior. Maybe they do have a lawyer vetting everything they do or say, but I'm guessing probably not ... they can't afford it! I suspect if something's brought to their attention, THEN they vet it. On their own? Probably not so much.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it's not too much of an aerodynamic penalty, I'd like to see consideration of cooling louvers in the wheel fairings to cool down the brakes. Since most of the vehicle's weight is biased toward the front, wouldn't it be prudent to make sure the front (and rear) brakes receive as much cooling air as possible? I would be driving this car down the Grapevine in SoCal and in the Tahoe region, and I want to make sure brake fade is not an issue.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's not too much of an aerodynamic penalty, I'd like to see consideration of cooling louvers in the wheel fairings to cool down the brakes. Since most of the vehicle's weight is biased toward the front, wouldn't it be prudent to make sure the front (and rear) brakes receive as much cooling air as possible? I would be driving this car down the Grapevine in SoCal and in the Tahoe region, and I want to make sure brake fade is not an issue.
Who uses brakes? Just go for it. :thumb:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..wouldn't it be prudent to make sure the front (and rear) brakes receive as much cooling air as possible?....
Sure for the after market, why not? There are a number of people who want racing, I'm sure they want some of that. In fact I wanted to see a new shape for the covers, and illustrated that feature in it my self. An illustration is far from an engineered design, but it's a start.

As for being aerodynamic, that's a trade-off but I'm sure it could be worked out in the wind tunnel. The old ones are inexpensive, with a little more expense and other changes it's a likely accommodation, IMHO.

Top Bottom