• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Quadski

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought the Quadski looked like a hoot on land or water! http://www.gibbssports.com/quadski

image.jpg image.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
On Top Gear UK Richard and Jeremy did a race with one of those.
Richard had that new Alfa 4C and Jeremy had the Quadski.
It was hilarious; I can't repeat some of the comments he made when he hit rough water .
I looked up the Quad after that and my goodness is that thing expen$ive.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Take a look on this site!
http://litmotors.com/c1/
I had a pre-order deposit on the C-1. It is the ultimate enclosed cabin motorcycle concept. The recent production delay pushes it out to 2016, but I think it will be longer. I've been following the C-1 right along with the Elio for a very long time.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Lit Motors has a really neat idea and I want to see them succeed as what they are working on is yet another innovative new efficient transportation method. They have been fortunate enough to find some investors with deep pockets who appear to be willing to invest the money it takes to push the idea forward. Unlike EM they are facing some technological hurdles as they are working on the bleeding edge however I believe they are on the right track.

In my opinion the cost of C-1 is a bit too expensive relative to its functional capability however this is common for first generation technology and hopefully they can keep the final cost close enough to the current estimates that early adopters are willing to spend the money on this vehicle as over time the price should drop to a more reasonable level as the components become less expensive. Lit Motors has not been nearly as open as Elio Motors about their development and has also had to announce several delays as the project has also taken much longer now than originally expected and still has some ways to go. As a start-up this is just the way things go.

For those who do not know we have a Lit Motors thread:

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/lit-motors-c-1.11/

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a pre-order deposit on the C-1. It is the ultimate enclosed cabin motorcycle concept. The recent production delay pushes it out to 2016, but I think it will be longer. I've been following the C-1 right along with the Elio for a very long time.

2016, you say, where's the usual cast of naysayers? I guess, since they have all the money they need, their delays are okee-dokee. Hm! :rolleyes:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2016, you say, where's the usual cast of naysayers? I guess, since they have all the money they need, their delays are okee-dokee. Hm! :rolleyes:
Oh there are many naysayers! Not Okee-dokee with many pre-orders cancelled. The original production schedule was late 2014, so you can imagine the disappointment.

Top Bottom