• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Quadski

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
about how much they gonna go 4?
The MSRP is quoted at $24K. I was in line with a pre-order hoping to be an early adopter on this concept. I honestly didn't think it was possible but did a pre-order as insurance in case it did. I will be buying a C-1, without a doubt, when they finally get to production. I hope to have many miles on the Elio before that happens. Hope seems to be the key word on both concepts.

With that said they are making progress and revealing the latest body styling this week which I am looking forward to. I will no doubt post it.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lit Motors has a really neat idea and I want to see them succeed as what they are working on is yet another innovative new efficient transportation method. They have been fortunate enough to find some investors with deep pockets who appear to be willing to invest the money it takes to push the idea forward. Unlike EM they are facing some technological hurdles as they are working on the bleeding edge however I believe they are on the right track.

In my opinion the cost of C-1 is a bit too expensive relative to its functional capability however this is common for first generation technology and hopefully they can keep the final cost close enough to the current estimates that early adopters are willing to spend the money on this vehicle as over time the price should drop to a more reasonable level as the components become less expensive. Lit Motors has not been nearly as open as Elio Motors about their development and has also had to announce several delays as the project has also taken much longer now than originally expected and still has some ways to go. As a start-up this is just the way things go.

For those who do not know we have a Lit Motors thread:

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/lit-motors-c-1.11/
Early on Lit Motors mentioned with mass production future pricing may be in the $15K range. Particularly as EV components become more affordable.

I sense funding is also an issue that may be slowing progress. The interesting point Lit makes about lower production and manufacturing cost is the minimal number of total parts required to build the C-1.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a lot cheaper than a Tracer :)

Such a beautiful vehicle. If only it weren't $75K+ or $100K+ for the electric version. :eek::(

2012-08-25_autoesporte-monotracer_mti-1200_dsc_7792.jpg

die-kurve-das-elektromobil-bietet-sportwagen-aehnliche-leistung-unter-einer-segelflugzeugkuppel-.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Such a beautiful vehicle. If only it weren't $75K+ or $100K+ for the electric version. :eek::(

2012-08-25_autoesporte-monotracer_mti-1200_dsc_7792.jpg

die-kurve-das-elektromobil-bietet-sportwagen-aehnliche-leistung-unter-einer-segelflugzeugkuppel-.jpg
I think Lit Motors should team up with Peraves and engineer the gyro system to fit the e-tracers. That 53 or 54 degree lean is a beautiful thing. Sharing space at the Shreveport plant and mass production, say 10-20,000 units per year might get that $80K down to a more affordable $24K range.

Top Bottom