• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Help me out here guys. What are the 7 connections going out to the wheel that need 7 holes? I count only 6.

Two for the upper a-arm.
Two for the lower a-arm.
One for the axle.
One for the steering tierod.

What am I missing?

The pull rod, from the pivot where the coil over shock mounts, to the upper control arm.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the link from the top A arm to the bottom of the shock
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm7OrH1N4bAaqmkHMRGsG4HeNu-FGoT639TSw3gA0AYixKHqQQ.jpg

But there may be more of the suspension exposed than the P5 picture shows.

Are they gonna cover this up better to protect from damage and foul play?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. And imho, those "components" aren't any more vulnerable than most motorcycle components. :)
Or car components for that matter.... you can easily loosen up the tie rod and have someone drive off... later, the wheels would just go in different directions... 1960 Ford Falcon showed me that trick... more than once.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or car components for that matter.... you can easily loosen up the tie rod and have someone drive off... later, the wheels would just go in different directions... 1960 Ford Falcon showed me that trick... more than once.

And if you get caught in the act you can receive a 230 gn, model 1911 education on the spot.
If it's my Elio I will be glad to administer it.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And if you get caught in the act you can receive a 230 gn, model 1911 education on the spot.
If it's my Elio I will be glad to administer it.
Hey, I'm not advocating that at all! My Falcon was just old and the adjustment sleeve wouldn't stay tight... no matter how tight I put it, the alignment would just change when driven.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sent an email to EM last year suggesting they paint the prototypes every different color, take quality photos, and make them available to us. Now they will be known as E vehicles. I hope that will be done to the first 7 vehicles, E1-E7. I would like to see photos of the elio in each color instead of relying on the computer generated colors.

While they are at it, they should paint a few in exotic paint schemes like the Silas Sunday designs. I wonder if this could go viral on You Tube when people see they can get this for $6,800. It would be great free publicity.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sent an email to EM last year suggesting they paint the prototypes every different color, take quality photos, and make them available to us. Now they will be known as E vehicles. I hope that will be done to the first 7 vehicles, E1-E7. I would like to see photos of the elio in each color instead of relying on the computer generated colors.

While they are at it, they should paint a few in exotic paint schemes like the Silas Sunday designs. I wonder if this could go viral on You Tube when people see they can get this for $6,800. It would be great free publicity.
Well, they won't get a Silas design painted or wrapped for $6,800, that's for sure. But painting the E cars all the different colors -- gotta say it's a good idea. Of course, for testing purposes they don't have to paint them at all (except maybe for testing the paint itself). No point in carefully painting a crash sled.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I seriously think that you are under estimating the strength of the components you are looking at.
And seriously, messing with that stuff could easily be called attempted murder.
No matter how liberal the state.

It's just something I've been wondering, and worrying, about. I've had my car vandilzed before, a couple times actually, and seeing the pic you posted made me worry that if any a-hole wanted to mess with the car in a serious way, that area would be a prime target as it's more open and not as well covered or protected. Especially the parts that are covered in rubber. I don't know if they'd be easy to cut with a knife, or what. Or if the metal arms or pieces would be easy to break, but it just bothers me a little bit. Probably more than nomal because I've had to go through it before.

Of course, if I caught someone doing it, I'd happily do something about it. But it always happens when no one is around.

Top Bottom