• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It's just something I've been wondering, and worrying, about. I've had my car vandilzed before, a couple times actually, and seeing the pic you posted made me worry that if any a-hole wanted to mess with the car in a serious way, that area would be a prime target as it's more open and not as well covered or protected. Especially the parts that are covered in rubber. I don't know if they'd be easy to cut with a knife, or what. Or if the metal arms or pieces would be easy to break, but it just bothers me a little bit. Probably more than nomal because I've had to go through it before.

Of course, if I caught someone doing it, I'd happily do something about it. But it always happens when no one is around.
Maybe you need to move to a better part of town.
But that's what insurance is for, if someone does strip it out have it towed In and fixed; but also, don't put your vehicle in a position can it can be messed with easily.

And as far as "....Of course, if I caught someone doing it, I'd happily do something about it......" anymore, the only thing you can do is call 911; we live in a sue happy society and it can jump up and bite you in the ass if you try to do anything more. Remember to carry your camera phone with you.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you need to move to a better part of town.
But that's what insurance is for, if someone does strip it out have it towed In and fixed; but also, don't put your vehicle in a position can it can be messed with easily.

And as far as "....Of course, if I caught someone doing it, I'd happily do something about it......" anymore, the only thing you can do is call 911; we live in a sue happy society and it can jump up and bite you in the ass if you try to do anything more. Remember to carry your camera phone with you.

My part of town is fine. Nobody messes with my house or car in the garage. It's always while being out and about. Which, I don't visit the hood, or other subhuman parts of wherever I go. This stuff happens in all the places you'd think it wouldn't. Just my luck I guess.

As for the last part, yeah, I guess you're right. With every passing year this country seems to get more crazy, more sissy, and more PC. We're straight backwards now. Hopefully it wont be long before we can get things turned around and right the wrongs. And hopefully the Elio comes out by then. But yeah, I guess I'll just have to consider getting the 360 camera. I already have good insurance and will get top of the line insurance for the Elio.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My part of town is fine. Nobody messes with my house or car in the garage. It's always while being out and about. Which, I don't visit the hood, or other subhuman parts of wherever I go. This stuff happens in all the places you'd think it wouldn't. Just my luck I guess.

As for the last part, yeah, I guess you're right. With every passing year this country seems to get more crazy, more sissy, and more PC. We're straight backwards now. Hopefully it wont be long before we can get things turned around and right the wrongs. And hopefully the Elio comes out by then. But yeah, I guess I'll just have to consider getting the 360 camera. I already have good insurance and will get top of the line insurance for the Elio.
If you lived in the "Hood" would you rob someone else in the "hood" or would you go to the better part of town where you know they have "good stuff"? Having a nice car, or bike or whatever, you're always going to have a "target" on it, that's the flaw with owning a nice item; someone that is not as well off as you is going to be envious; worse yet, the teens of today have no sense of remorse any longer; they have no respect for anyone or anything but themselves.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's just something I've been wondering, and worrying, about. I've had my car vandilzed before, a couple times actually, and seeing the pic you posted made me worry that if any a-hole wanted to mess with the car in a serious way, that area would be a prime target as it's more open and not as well covered or protected. Especially the parts that are covered in rubber. I don't know if they'd be easy to cut with a knife, or what. Or if the metal arms or pieces would be easy to break, but it just bothers me a little bit. Probably more than nomal because I've had to go through it before.

Of course, if I caught someone doing it, I'd happily do something about it. But it always happens when no one is around.

I'm sorry you have been vandalized. Definitely makes one feel violated. I haven't done it yet but, seeing more and more videos in recent years where people are exonerated by there own (in car) video systems.... I have been considering it. It could sure be useful in vandalism cases, too.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

This is why I support caning, Singapore style. Many years ago when an American was caned in Singapore for graffiti , a representative of the Singapore government said on the PBS The McNeill/Lehrer Report (highly respected news program) that Singapore had a big a problem with graffiti, introduced caning as the punishment, and immediately all the graffiti stopped. Many young men believe breaking the law makes them into big men. This punishment deglamorizes crime. Having your pants pulled down, bent over, and caned on the butt is very contrary to the male's sense of pride. It also makes good people feel like winners by simply being good law-abiding citizens. A person can be a winner by simply being a good person. The media would not want people to feel like winners, though because then it is more difficult to lead them around. If caning was simply offered as an option to the standard incarceration giving people choices they did not have before, it would still go a long ways toward deglamorizing crime.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you lived in the "Hood" would you rob someone else in the "hood" or would you go to the better part of town where you know they have "good stuff"? Having a nice car, or bike or whatever, you're always going to have a "target" on it, that's the flaw with owning a nice item; someone that is not as well off as you is going to be envious; worse yet, the teens of today have no sense of remorse any longer; they have no respect for anyone or anything but themselves.

Yeah, I agree. And honestly, I think it's the teens I'd be most worried about. I can just see some little punk going up to my Elio and messing with it. And being that the front arms are open and exposed, that seems like the easiest and most likely target.

Maybe I'll invest in a Viper Alarm.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry you have been vandalized. Definitely makes one feel violated. I haven't done it yet but, seeing more and more videos in recent years where people are exonerated by there own (in car) video systems.... I have been considering it. It could sure be useful in vandalism cases, too.

Hopefully the 360 Camera will work well enough that I wont have to upgrade. We'll see.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

In New Mexico, it is legal to defend your property with deadly force. Those of us who legally carry concealed weapons have all been through the training. In some states, if someone car jacks you, you have to let them have your car. Here, you can ensure tax payers never have to support their stay on a federal facility.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. And honestly, I think it's the teens I'd be most worried about. I can just see some little punk going up to my Elio and messing with it. And being that the front arms are open and exposed, that seems like the easiest and most likely target.

Maybe I'll invest in a Viper Alarm.
The Skyzmatic or whatever it is called detects bumps and records from that point and will notify you on your cell phone where you can then see what is going on. It won't stop theft but it will let you see who did it at least.

Top Bottom