• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could not work with those people, they're slobs. Toolboxes must be empty because they have them spread out everywhere; how can they find anything? I understand keeping out the tools you're working with but that is just crazy.
1/2 empty 2 liter bottles of Coke that are probably warm and flat <yuk>
The P5 looks good, and a lot further along than it has been in previous pictures.

It goes both ways. I am a slob who tries not to knock off one of my many coffee cups into the work. My co-worker is a neat-freak who also puts out excellent work. He just spends too much time polishing his tools before laying them back into the velvet lined trays. He is good natured about helping me find my tools. When I start cleaning up, it means something is lost.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It goes both ways. I am a slob who tries not to knock off one of my many coffee cups into the work. My co-worker is a neat-freak who also puts out excellent work. He just spends too much time polishing his tools before laying them back into the velvet lined trays. He is good natured about helping me find my tools. When I start cleaning up, it means something is lost.
I don't go as far as the velvet lined trays (they take up too much space) but when you open my screwdriver drawer in my toolbox it has 3 sections; 1 for flat blade (Rodgers) 1 for Philips and 1 for specialty screwdriver type tools (like Torx, Allen, punches and awls, etc.)
I used to just pile tools up, and put them away when I couldn't find 3 things in a row or I discover a car that just left with had 2 of my tools inside.
Pretty soon I was spending money on tools I knew I had bought before and once you get hooked on Snap On that gets pretty expensive.
That's when I changed how I handled tools.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't go as far as the velvet lined trays (they take up too much space) but when you open my screwdriver drawer in my toolbox it has 3 sections; 1 for flat blade (Rodgers) 1 for Philips and 1 for specialty screwdriver type tools (like Torx, Allen, punches and awls, etc.)
I used to just pile tools up, and put them away when I couldn't find 3 things in a row or I discover a car that just left with had 2 of my tools inside.
Pretty soon I was spending money on tools I knew I had bought before and once you get hooked on Snap On that gets pretty expensive.
That's when I changed how I handled tools.
So, you are saying I'm not the only one. Actually, my screwdriver drawer has all the blades facing away, flat on the left, Phillips on the right (in size order, of course), with a few combo (interchangeable bit) drivers in the middle. I have a separate drawer with a couple of those kits with a billion bits in them all in their little spots in the blow-molded store-bought cases.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So, you are saying I'm not the only one. Actually, my screwdriver drawer has all the blades facing away, flat on the left, Phillips on the right (in size order, of course), with a few combo (interchangeable bit) drivers in the middle. I have a separate drawer with a couple of those kits with a billion bits in them all in their little spots in the blow-molded store-bought cases.
That's the one!
And the wrench drawer has SAE in the front, Metric in the back half, I do use the little racks that hold them at a 45degree angle.
Bottom drawer of the top box is all ratchets and sockets; sockets are all on the little racks that hold them in order upright.
Took years to work out what worked best where, but I can walk up to that toolbox blindfolded and pick an item based on size and location.
Sure saves time when you're in a hurry.
I'm guessing but in total I probably have $90,000 to $100,000 in tools I've collected over the years.
This does include table saws, routers, drills, a whole assortment of power hand tools etc.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My toolbox is not as oganized. Everything has its own draw or space. The thing that bothers most of the people who have used my tools is almost all of my wrenches box and open ended have no markings. They were made by my grandfather who was a tool and dye maker. It took me a while to be able to guess which wrench works, sometimes I grab a couple to ensure that one works correctly. I know I could mark them but, then that would b cheating.

Top Bottom