• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if it can be shipped via FedEx Air. Maybe even have it airdropped via parachute to land in precisely the right space in the show!

while that would be fun to watch, with it being the only one in existence, I can't envision that happening .. :fear:.. my bet is, it will draw a big crowd from the media and there will be a blitz of publicity in every format

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's unfortunate but true that many of our friends on this forum have an unrealistically high expectation of the state of fit and finish that they will see in the show prototypes.
I expect the P5, at the minimum, to have a fit and finish similar to that of the previous Ps since it's being built by the same builders. That's not a very high expectation.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your Fleet question was asked and answered before; yes, the fleet sales are included in the total reservation count, but there are currently just a few. A fleet sale is considered 5 or more ordered by the same person/group and with the full All In $1K deposit. They are expecting more fleet sales after production starts for the groups that have approached them already. In other words, "we'll wait until it's real before we commit."
No, it has not been answered. The question is not about fleet sales. The question is what will happen to the 125,000 vehicles produced between satisfying reservations (at 6 months) and the stores opening (at 12 months). Deliveries to fleet sales is just a speculation of what would happen to those vehicles. After production starts, there will be an increase in reservations. But if they could sell 125,000 vehicles during that six months over the internet (reservations), then why even have stores? They wouldn't need stores. That is a lot of vehicles to do something with during that time.

I suspect this is a period of time that EM doesn't even have a good idea of what will happen. I wonder if the tours will continue during this time. After all, the stores will not be open yet.

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, it has not been answered. The question is not about fleet sales. The question is what will happen to the 125,000 vehicles produced between satisfying reservations (at 6 months) and the stores opening (at 12 months). Deliveries to fleet sales is just a speculation of what would happen to those vehicles. After production starts, there will be an increase in reservations. But if they could sell 125,000 vehicles during that six months over the internet (reservations), then why even have stores? They wouldn't need stores. That is a lot of vehicles to do something with during that time.

I suspect this is a period of time that EM doesn't even have a good idea of what will happen. I wonder if the tours will continue during this time. After all, the stores will not be open yet.
The math involved sort of answers the question. Building 125,000 vehicles would cost about $750,000,000 (3/4 Billion dollars). If the autocycles aren't already pre-sold and pre-paid, they won't be built. The idea that there might be a buildup of unsold inventory has no basis. Credit and cash flow constraints would make that scenario impossible.

You are correct in stating that stores will be unneeded for some period of time. The roll-out of the stores will, like production, be based on sales, reservations, cash flow and credit. I suspect that any plans they might now have for that period of time will remain quite fluid for quite a while.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expect the P5, at the minimum, to have a fit and finish similar to that of the previous Ps since it's being built by the same builders. That's not a very high expectation.

I probably erred in my original comment. Should have been fit, finish, and function.
It may not have everything that the final production model will have.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The trip from Detroit to LA is about 33 hours. Have a couple the young kids drive straight through and you can have the Elio at the show in a day and a half. Shouldn't be a problem.

no doubt but I seriously doubt that during that time, Jerome will allow it to be out of his sight ... :D

Top Bottom