• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked whether they'll have time to do any testing with P5 before the show and got the impression that hadn't even been considered. My guess is that it'll be ready just in time for LA.
Word is, it doesn't have to run. For that show, it's a prop. Of course they hope it's ready to run, but that's not actually required.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A P5 Prop Build? Who said that?
I'm not going to tell you who said it. The P5 is intended to be only a prop, but in terms of the LA auto show, that is all that is required of it. EM is trying to get it ready to drive by that date, but if they don't they are not hurt in any way -- there is no expectation of running it at the show.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Statements made by EM provided me with a dose of expectation that the P5 build would be complete, tested, and revealed at the LA Auto Show.

I heard no mention of it being used as a prop only, up until now.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I seem to recall of the multiple P5 ( 20 or 30) o to be built for testing, etc., they wanted to keep two or three of them to take on there traveling tours/shows.
Hoorah to Paul Elio and Team Elio! :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I seem to recall of the multiple P5 ( 20 or 30) o to be built for testing, etc., they wanted to keep two or three of them to take on there traveling tours/shows.
Hoorah to Paul Elio and Team Elio! :D
The finalized production Specifications in the last P5 Build followed by the Engineering Builds E6-26 for a variety of testing purposes and Roadshows was the plan. I am saving my hoorah for the P5 reveal at the LA Auto Show in November.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The finalized production Specifications in the last P5 Build followed by the Engineering Builds E6-26 for a variety of testing purposes and Roadshows was the plan. I am saving my hoorah for the P5 reveal at the LA Auto Show in November.

EM is wise for using such wording. For every person who "promises" his or her employer that they will show up for work by 9am on Monday morning, due to "circumstances beyond their control" a percentage of them will NOT get there on time, a percentage will not show up that day, and a percentage (sadly) will never show up ever again. Car troubles, accidents, illness & death happen every day and EM is not immune from these realities. Even if it were 100% ready, at this point, they should still be saying, We "plan" to be there. Our expectations of others are rarely based on realities.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
all I remember is they announced that their plan/hope was to reveal the P5 at the LA Auto Show in November..... I don't recall any promises about testing and/or operation

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
as I remember the LA Auto Show starts on Nov 20th and runs through the 29th .... allowing time for transport from Detroit to the show, they have a little over 3 weeks to complete the build .... from the latest pictures, that wouldn't seem to allow much time for testing
I wonder if it can be shipped via FedEx Air. Maybe even have it airdropped via parachute to land in precisely the right space in the show!
Maxim 11: Everything is air-droppable at least once. The Seventy Maxims of Highly Effective Mercenaries

Top Bottom