• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a saying: "Those who forget the past are destined to repeat it." The era of cheap gas could end at anytime.
And of course that's what happened in the late '80s. All the vehicle lines got bigger than ever, then gas went up.
And back when gas was at $1.75, it always felt like blood was draining from my wallet. I'm not real enamored with $2.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks are secondary for Elio, but of course they do count a lot with the general public.
More important than 84 mpg, which they have to do if they possibly can, is greenhouse gas emissions (dependent in part on mpg). Helping those to succeed is vital. No argument about style, and I'd wonder about the size of the patch when it's wet, but in such a light vehicle they can perhaps not sacrifice performance.
Once again, skinny has an advantage in adverse conditions. More ground pressure = better resistance to hydroplaning, all other things being equal.

Wider is only better for dry pavement. Well that and flotation - sand, mud and deep powdery snow - none of which the E is really designed for.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Was looking at cruchfield.com. at several options. they change so fast. Also have not ruled out the Ipad option. ...will look more in a few months. My only concern is theft with the Ipad in the mount. Not sure if I want to store it away every stop I make..
As big as the new iPhone is (the 6S is 6 1/4 X 3) it's almost the same size as a tablet (9 1/2 X 7 1/2) you can use the iPad as your phone and carry it around in the man iPurse :becky:

Top Bottom