• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's not how it happened in this area, ATVs grew with the generations that had them as toys as kids in the 80s, and the UTV evolution as they started aging a bit and wanted the ATV without the single climb over seat, room for kids, etc.

We could have a whole off topic conversation on this.

UTVs and ATVs are pretty much hunting and ranching vehicles in my area. As ranching vehicles, some of them cost over $15K.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Going back to the topic ........ I remember hearing people ask about sound proofing. I hope no one is expecting a quiet cabin like a Lexus or Caddy. I think it's going to be more like a low end econo box (think early VW bug or 80's Luv PU).
The thought hit me today when I was out driving in the pouring rain in my Nitro; it's loud when the rain is hitting the roof; that's mostly because it has a power sunroof and that pan under it forms a great echo chamber right at head level.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Going back to the topic ........ I remember hearing people ask about sound proofing. I hope no one is expecting a quiet cabin like a Lexus or Caddy. I think it's going to be more like a low end econo box (think early VW bug or 80's Luv PU).
The thought hit me today when I was out driving in the pouring rain in my Nitro; it's loud when the rain is hitting the roof; that's mostly because it has a power sunroof and that pan under it forms a great echo chamber right at head level.

I think a lot may have to do with how thick the SMC is and if there is any sound proofing.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a lot may have to do with how thick the SMC is and if there is any sound proofing.
I'm sure they will have some, but it's not going to be Lexus like I said earlier.
I believe if you want it any quieter than it comes from the factory you're going to have to do it yourself.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have high expectations based on what EM has said regarding a surprisingly quiet cabin due to the outriggers being isolated from the cabin. I expect a little engine noise and less road noise. It could be quieter than my Lexus.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have noticed the undercoat is thickest in the wheel wells. Apparently this is a major source of noise. I agree. The wheels being outriggers should make it quiet.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Besides the road noise from the tires; glass thickness is the next biggest noise generator; the thinner the glass, the more the noise you hear.
I think the P4 had Polycarbonate windows, so you wouldn't be able to compare them. This is going to be another of those "wait and see" items.

Top Bottom