• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most vehicles, over the years have a "knock sensor" installed, because of the trend of the mfg. to go to "high compression" since around 2000.
Some of the newer vehicle also have a "turbo limiter" to allow the engine to be on "boost" for a limited time in sec.
You can use regular if your "boost" is low....around 2-3 psi. (from experience).

Willie

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When we start talking about turbo charging or super charging we need to keep in mind the Elio is fuel injected so spark knock and compression are different than the older engines that sucked fuel in with the air.
Still the same with the E motor, it is not direct injection, the fuel air mix still comes in at the same time through the valves vs a di engine where fuel is sprayed directly into the cylinder at the optimal time.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know, I don't know s+it about the details, however when I once tried using a 1/2 tank of the middle grade she wasn't happy, only purrs on the highest grade
Highlight mine
(BMW 135IM 2012)-
Drivetrain
Drive type Rear-wheel Drive
Engine type Turbocharged, direct-injected, inline-6, gasoline
Displacement (cc/cu-in) 2,979cc (182 cu-in)
Block/head material Aluminum/aluminum
Valvetrain DOHC, four valves per cylinder, variable intake-valve timing
Compression ratio (x:1) 10.2
Horsepower (hp @ rpm) 300 @ 5,800
Torque (lb-ft @ rpm) 300 @ 1,200
Fuel type Premium unleaded (required)
Transmission type Seven-speed automated manual
Transmission and axle ratios (x:1) I = 4.730; II = 3.056; III = 2.153; IV = 1.678; V = 1.390; VI = 1.203; VII = 1.000; FD = 2.563

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pamela told me the wheel openings would be similar to the P4 but with a rubber surround that would partially enclose the area.
Thank you. This is the first time I have heard this and it makes a lot of sense. A partial enclosure would be much easier to achieve than the complete enclosure they showed in the CAD drawing. It could also be a marshaling center installed option (if they choose to make it an option).

Top Bottom