• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Talk Me Into $1k Thread

amwinkle

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
So I got my information I think i need to do the 1000 in

I am going to go convince the wife

Here is the quote from the Debbie Downer Gas 2.0

"I don't think he feels like it's "in the bag", but keep in mind that, regardless of what he says, Elio could push forward with a ton less money. He needs that money to hit his volume of 250,000 units annually. I don't think he will, but I live in a major city, own multiple cars already, and I'm not afraid of either motorcycles or rain, so I'm not the guy he's trying to sell to."

As long as he gets a few cars on the road I feel the car will sell itself

Thoughts?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

"I don't think he feels like it's "in the bag", but keep in mind that, regardless of what he says, Elio could push forward with a ton less money. He needs that money to hit his volume of 250,000 units annually. I don't think he will, but I live in a major city, own multiple cars already, and I'm not afraid of either motorcycles or rain, so I'm not the guy he's trying to sell to."

Thoughts?

Pretty sure my Elio would be swarmed by the curious. I know if I saw one, I'd HAVE to get a closer look at it. I drive a Subaru SVX, and a Porsche 914 (down right now :( ), and get all kinds of people asking me about them...and they have 4 wheels!

amwinkle

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Pretty sure my Elio would be swarmed by the curious. I know if I saw one, I'd HAVE to get a closer look at it. I drive a Subaru SVX, and a Porsche 914 (down right now :( ), and get all kinds of people asking me about them...and they have 4 wheels!
A 914 is such a pretty car.... lol I get a ton of questions about google glass too LOL Just imagine with an Elio and Google Glass... PUBLICITY central

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Once again, welcome to the family! I personally feel it is a good investment. I am 100% sure that EM is completely committed to making this happen. I and others here feel that not everyone in the world wants to see it happen. So, Your level of commitment is entirely up to you.........congrats in advance! :cool:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have put 500 into the pot for the all-in category. Hands down I can afford the 1000, but I want some of my friends here to talk me into the ideal. I have run through the pros and cons and I am leaning toward the 7 out of 10 that itll happen, but I just have never backed something so new lol... I mean I think the newest thing I ever have bought was a macbook after ummm 8 years of release lol.

I know its my money and I make my decisions.... I just want some input lol and some coaxing. :)

Well, amwinkle, it's sorta like life itself; you come into this world brand new, through no choice of your own. . . . . And as you become aware of the beauty of "things" around you, you make your decision; either you're ALL IN, or you OP OUT. . . . . .

Look at the beauty of the Elio, consider your age and your earning potential over the REST of your life. . . . . . , when you reach the end of the line, will you put your savings and Travelers Checks and take it with you, or leave it to Uncle Sam?

Trust me amwinkle, $6800 dollars is chump change, over the rest of your life!

Go for it. . . . . . . ALL IN!

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm all in for $100 and hoping to upgrade as the budget allows. We need to get more people involved in getting the Elio into production. I know there are tons of people that could use a second vehicle in their lives but can't afford the added expense. Americans need an affordable,reliable vehicle thats cheap on gas and this is it. I remember the 1985 Hyundai excel, it was 5 grand (and much better quality than the Yugo) and was a decent car for the money- Now look at Hyundai sales. I'm behind Elio 100% and can't wait to drive mine. I plan to pick it up and drive home (meals will cost more than gas!)

WOW! All these NEW MEMBERS to welcome!

Because of folks like you, trock59, our Elio Family continues to grow at epic, warp speed! Thanks trock59, and WELCOME aboard!

It's great to have you here!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
red914.jpg
A 914 is such a pretty car.... lol I get a ton of questions about google glass too LOL Just imagine with an Elio and Google Glass... PUBLICITY central

Yeah, we (914 owners) get that a lot. The 911 drivers call us NARPs (Not A Real Porsche), and then we smoke them on the autocross courses, and smile. I always had a soft spot (uhhh...not on my head :) ) for odd-ball/underdog cars. The Elio kind of fits in that category, but I bet it won't be for long!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I dont even know any of my friends that have a $500 shirt lol :)

I love the # that I would get is absolutely amazing, and the fact I would get it before Christmas is what is driving me bonkers because I really would love to have my ELIO NOW lol.

Now I know before Sept. 1 I will put 1000 all in if I want to pull the trigger... but I am super nervous lol... its like a little kid at christmas lol all giddy and junk

That's it exactly! :-)

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
@ the risk of repeating myself, 40,000 Elios in the HOV lanes of the good 'ol USA....
is a "Duh" moment. :D
LOL, I can see it now...all of these poor commuters sitting in "gridlock" with their heads all angled to the left, watching the HOV lane, as Elios wizz by, all reaching their destination "on time" & in "air conditioned" comfort! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Top Bottom