• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Talk Me Into Taking The Plunge Thread

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, dancescientist. I am low income and first learned about the Elio in January. I went all in at $100 in March. Since then I have been squirreling away any extra cash so I can upgrade to $500. I would have already upgraded to $250 but they only offer the $500 and $1000 options. My #1 son introduced me to the Elio and I read the contract out loud to him before I signed up. He asked if I would be willing to put in $1000 if I had it and I said yes. I still feel that way and in fact my "faith" has actually increased with each month passing. Delays do not worry me, they happen. I have gone from a 10 out of 10 to a 20 out of 10 in my support level for Elio Motors and the Elio. How anyone can seriously look at the work and progress that has been made can consider this a scam is very simply beyond me. So when I go to Portland to see the Elio in July I will up my reservation to $500 and frankly I can't wait. Then I will start the saving process again so I can get that extra $500 in the pot. The Elio is going to happen and when it does I intend to be there to get it. Now all you have to do is decide how much of a gamble you are comfortable with. I would much rather put my money in Elio than in a lottery ticket any day. Enjoy the research and the journey. I will be disappointed if Elio doesn't happen but I will not be angry because I am having the time of my life. Life is meant to be lived and that is exactly what I am doing right now and will continue to do in the future when I have my Elio. :) Z

YOU go girl!!!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, one thread containing a recent statement from Elio generated a lot of discussion:
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/investor-question-answered.1592/

Some interpreted positively, while others negatively. I can't help but notice the lack of any specifics on who these investors are and how much money are they pledging. And, what these alternative options were if things don't work out like they say.

Well, it looks like I still have about six months before the reservation period could be closed. If things look much brighter 4 months from now, I could just put in a $1K reservation and get ahead of the other $100-500 reservations.
That's assuming they aren't as smart as you and up their reservation as well

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, hopefully there will be some warning before they close the reservation line. :)
Check me on this but I believe I'm correct in that Paul Elios projects 250,000 anual unit production and that the reservations will terminate upon receiving that number of reservations. Last I heard we are around 21 or 22 thousand. For now there's plenty of time. PS I've never seen a dancing scientist before. I'm not sure i want to see one either. LOL OH.............wait a minute. You're saying dancing is a science, right?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is encouraging to hear all of your reasons for being "all in". When I think about how many 1k investments would be needed to "really" make a difference, I realize it DOESN'T make a difference. What it DOES do, is show EM and their potential investors, how many people are emotionally and financially COMMITTED to this "much needed" vehicle.
I will add that I am not worried at all about EM's level of commitment. If it fails, I won't be mad at EM. I WILL be disappointed in the greedy bureaucracy that "allowed & caused" its demise. GO ELIO !

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is encouraging to hear all of your reasons for being "all in". When I think about how many 1k investments would be needed to "really" make a difference, I realize it DOESN'T make a difference. What it DOES do, is show EM and their potential investors, how many people are emotionally and financially COMMITTED to this "much needed" vehicle.
I will add that I am not worried at all about EM's level of commitment. If it fails, I won't be mad at EM. I WILL be disappointed in the greedy bureaucracy that "allowed & caused" its demise. GO ELIO !
Very well said, outsydthebox. :-) Z

dancescientist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
How about my idea of getting 30K reservations at full-price ($6.8K) to raise the $200m? It's more realistic than more than 200K reservations at $1K.

Robert French

Elio Fan
Reaction score
There's so much negativity on Elio floating around out there but if you check into those claims a little closer you'll likely find the people making the claims really know very little about the Elio. I'm all in for 1K #2983 and I'm retired on a fixed income. But if for that amount I can help to create American enterprise and jobs then I figure the Elio is worth the risk. Not to mention that I'm really enthusiastic about the concept. Sure, it's a gamble but how many sure investments are out there today? I figure if Elio can make it into production and hit the road that sales will sky-rocket. Then again, if they only produce the Elio for a couple years the value of the vehicle will most likely increase substantially. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom