• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Tucker...an Elio Design Precedent?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Neither the Tucker or the Delorean had wide market appeal. I think they were doomed from the get go. IMO
I liked them both, but wouldn't have been able to afford either.
Actually, the Tucker had very wide appeal and was ahead of the other offerings at the time. They suffered from bad press, mostly.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Check this out "JZR 3 Wheel Car"!
800px-JZR_3_Wheel_Car_-_Flickr_-_mick_-_Lumix.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, the Tucker had very wide appeal and was ahead of the other offerings at the time. They suffered from bad press, mostly.
As I recall there were only 51 Tuckers ever built and the prototype that toured around the country was a shell built around an Oldsmobile that barely held together. Also, it was said that Tucker may not have been the best businessman.

The Tucker's body style was far ahead of it's time. As a kid I felt the same about the Studebaker's style.......very futuristic. I don't think the Big Three intentionally brought down Tucker........I don't think Tucker was able to compete as a new startup car company. Some were saying that same thing about Elio Motors, but Elio is about to prove them wrong.

Top Bottom