• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Things You Will Not Be Able To Do With Your Elio

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
RE: ##. Cannot pop a wheely -- but neither can any other front-wheel-drive car...

Wonder if you would be able to do a reverse wheely and get the rear wheel off the ground. Bet you could make/ buy a small ramp that the front of the Elio would just pass over, and the rear wheel would hit.
Or you can do this:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
How about an Uber-lite for the Elio drivers. One passenger, one small suitcase or bag only.
I posted an article about Ford producing a car with no steering wheel, gas pedal or break pedal (autonomous car)
Set up an Elio like that and have those pick up people at the airport and downtown.
For one, it would be perfect; if it was for 2, senior team member in front, junior member in back; or call for a second car.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can't keep it from being hung front end down from the top of your school during homecoming week.

(Think about it: a couple of the football players to pick it up and put it in the back of an extended bed pickup, wrap some rope around the rear wheel, and hoist it on a pulley out the 3rd-floor physics lab window.(because they'd have a pulley large enough to use.)

Not that I would EVER think of doing that ...

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
1. Take your date to a drive-in movie. They won't be able to see the screen (if they are in the rear seat).
2. See out your rear window (what window?)
3. Car pool with more than one person.
4. Take advantage of the 4th tire free if you buy 3.
5. Hmm, what else can I not do??

It would take some sort of drifting technique to avoid potholes or debris that are wider than 1/2 of the tire spacing. That's actually one of my bigger reservations, having gotten used to avoiding objects in a truck, along with more ground clearance.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Potholes and debris that are more than three feet wide are a safety hazard for every vehicle. At that point, the lane should be closed until it's removed/repaired.

Top Bottom