• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is Not What I Expected My First Post To Be...

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Copied from page 6 of the SEC Form 1-U, 'Current Report Pursuant to Regulation A', submitted 5/12/17 for the period ending 3/31/17:
View attachment 21809

There is still a plan for 18 remaining E1/E2 vehicle builds to finish out the testing regimen of 23 total E-Series vehicles. IIRC each vehicle had a designated purpose to fulfill in terms of testing, calibration, destruction, etc.

After consulting this flowchart, I would be remiss if I did not shine light on my own revelations (or ignorant reminders, given that I've seen this chart before). Once a minimum of $33 million is attained, supposedly this process can be kick-started from Week 0. Of note is the timing and anticipated duration of the E-series builds -- 20 weeks after sufficient funding is attained, and subsequent to and simultaneously aligned with manufacturing setup of the various divisions at ECO Shreveport. Their estimate is for 18 vehicles to be completed in a 9-week period, an average of 2/week. I *assume* that minimal new hires would be brought on at this point on Elio's payroll, while employees of supplier partners like Linamar, Comau, Roush, and others would aid in supplying sufficient manpower to pump these vehicles off the line.

This validates the suspicions of many on this particular thread that have alluded to the apparent shuttering of the Pilot Operations Center in Livonia, MI as a positive rather than a negative. In order to assemble two E-series vehicles per week, it seems the only feasible way to reach that goal would be to do in a production facility such as ECO Shreveport.

44 weeks after sufficient funding is attained, or 24 weeks after E1/E2 vehicle production is started, or 15 weeks after anticipated completion of the 18 remaining E1/E2 vehicle builds -- and once long-lead manufacturing and assembly equipment on order is finally delivered to and installed on the assembly line -- then a series of 158 S1 vehicle builds is anticipated to be completed in a matter of 18 weeks, which necessitates an increased pace of 8-9 vehicles per week. It seems that this would be the point wherein line supervisors and managers have been hired on and are taking part in the build process at respective stations so that they can fine-tune their training doctrines once line workers are brought into the plant.

Once testing results and final calibrations and whatnot are received from the E1/E2 vehicles, and after sufficient real-world user feedback has been received from the illusive fleet partner(s) regarding the 158 roadworthy S1 test vehicles, then a brief 8-week S2 build process of an undisclosed quantity would be completed, potentially developing hundreds of complete vehicles whose ultimate purpose or demise is unknown, as the line is fully staffed with one shift and attempting to ramp up production rates.
Thanks Raptor for the correction.
I do now recall the 158 S1 vehicles taking the 100 fleet vehicles out of the picture...
But I didn't recall the still planned completion of the other 18 E-series vehicles.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Copied from page 6 of the SEC Form 1-U, 'Current Report Pursuant to Regulation A', submitted 5/12/17 for the period ending 3/31/17:
View attachment 21809

There is still a plan for 18 remaining E1/E2 vehicle builds to finish out the testing regimen of 23 total E-Series vehicles. IIRC each vehicle had a designated purpose to fulfill in terms of testing, calibration, destruction, etc.

After consulting this flowchart, I would be remiss if I did not shine light on my own revelations (or ignorant reminders, given that I've seen this chart before). Once a minimum of $33 million is attained, supposedly this process can be kick-started from Week 0. Of note is the timing and anticipated duration of the E-series builds -- 20 weeks after sufficient funding is attained, and subsequent to and simultaneously aligned with manufacturing setup of the various divisions at ECO Shreveport. Their estimate is for 18 vehicles to be completed in a 9-week period, an average of 2/week. I *assume* that minimal new hires would be brought on at this point on Elio's payroll, while employees of supplier partners like Linamar, Comau, Roush, and others would aid in supplying sufficient manpower to pump these vehicles off the line.

This validates the suspicions of many on this particular thread that have alluded to the apparent shuttering of the Pilot Operations Center in Livonia, MI as a positive rather than a negative. In order to assemble two E-series vehicles per week, it seems the only feasible way to reach that goal would be to do in a production facility such as ECO Shreveport.

44 weeks after sufficient funding is attained, or 24 weeks after E1/E2 vehicle production is started, or 15 weeks after anticipated completion of the 18 remaining E1/E2 vehicle builds -- and once long-lead manufacturing and assembly equipment on order is finally delivered to and installed on the assembly line -- then a series of 158 S1 vehicle builds is anticipated to be completed in a matter of 18 weeks, which necessitates an increased pace of 8-9 vehicles per week. It seems that this would be the point wherein line supervisors and managers have been hired on and are taking part in the build process at respective stations so that they can fine-tune their training doctrines once line workers are brought into the plant.

Once testing results and final calibrations and whatnot are received from the E1/E2 vehicles, and after sufficient real-world user feedback has been received from the illusive fleet partner(s) regarding the 158 roadworthy S1 test vehicles, then a brief 8-week S2 build process of an undisclosed quantity would be completed, potentially developing hundreds of complete vehicles whose ultimate purpose or demise is unknown, as the line is fully staffed with one shift and attempting to ramp up production rates.

Great post Raptor.

They say they would start this 76 week schedule when they receive 33 of the 376 million they need. If they exhaust the 33 million and do not have the remainder, I assume they would once again stop until funding is raised.

The 76 week schedule equates to 1.5 years. This means to produce vehicles by the end of 2018, they would need the 33 million by July 1, 2017.

I like your term "illusive fleet partner(s)".

dbatch1715

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the new location. My $500.00 went towards the rent.

images

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

So, is the Elio fully funded yet?

No?

Carry on with the useless knowledge then.....

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

No?

On line 4, item 10 Blah?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

No?

This is a prime example of why good analysts are so expensive.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
rimsonEclipse, post: 185158, member: 1178"]Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

No?

Carry on with the useless knowledge then.....[/QUOTE]
IMG_9507.JPG

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb halb

Top Bottom