• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thoughts On A Cold Day

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If not, I will be upgrading to heated seats or mats, whatever I can find that will just plug-in. We are at 10 below right now, and waiting around for motor to get up to temp is no fun.
I use a 100 Watt "My Heat" heater that cost me $20. I run the cord out my door and plug it in to the house. When I go out in the morning, I unplug it. By the time the interior cools down, the car has taken over heating.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use a 100 Watt "My Heat" heater that cost me $20. I run the cord out my door and plug it in to the house. When I go out in the morning, I unplug it. By the time the interior cools down, the car has taken over heating.

When you can take the Elgin from Paul's hand
it will be time to get your Elio.................:D

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ain't it the truth .... I well remember the days when a car reached 80,000 miles the motor was gone .... the body was usually still good but motor was used up .... now its hard to find a used car for sale with less than a 100,000 miles on it

My Grandfather had a 53 Chrysler New Yorker (Hemi) that he put 340 thousand on and never had the valve covers off. My Mother had a 56 Desoto Fire Flight (Hemi) that went 250k before Dad sold it, boy was she pissed. I had a 67 Chrysler New Yorker 413 (wedge) that I personally put over 300K and a 94 Dodge Van (318) that we sold 3 years ago, with 386 THOUSAND and it's still running. My 2000 Dodge Ram (5.9L) has 240ish and still runs like new. :p

Maybe, you guys should have bought a different brand!! ;).......Just saying!! :D

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Grandfather had a 53 Chrysler New Yorker (Hemi) that he put 340 thousand on and never had the valve covers off. My Mother had a 56 Desoto Fire Flight (Hemi) that went 250k before Dad sold it, boy was she pissed. I had a 67 Chrysler New Yorker 413 (wedge) that I personally put over 300K and a 94 Dodge Van (318) that we sold 3 years ago, with 386 THOUSAND and it's still running. My 2000 Dodge Ram (5.9L) has 240ish and still runs like new. :p

Maybe, you guys should have bought a different brand!! ;).......Just saying!! :D
Haven't they gone out of business twice already? :rolleyes:

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never liked Dodge or Chrysler but the 37 years I was in business (Auto Upholstery) we worked on very few and the transmission shop next to me worked on very few compared to Chevy. and Ford. Yes I know there are more Chevy./Ford's on the road but the quality seemed better on Chrysler/Dodge even back then.

Top Bottom