• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thoughts On A Cold Day

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aside from my Beetle, I've never had much trouble with heat in cars. Larger problem is the controls dying. My Cirrus only has one fan speed left. It's the highest speed, or as I call it, the "wind tunnel." Driving to work, I spend 5 minutes with the heat on and 10 with it off.
The Prizm did take forever to warm up. Those days, my commute was only 4 miles and I was just getting to work by the time warm air was coming out of the vents!

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't exactly name a single "must have" product that Chrysler makes. But I do realise it was poor management rather than automotive quality that drove them under. GM has the same issue so I wouldn't say GM is in any position to challenge Chrysler. For that matter, neither was Ford in the latest bailout. I mean, Ford even temporarily sold the rights to their own blue oval to stay solvent. Luckily, they had shifted gears and were producing some popular fuel efficient models and had enough cash to get them through without a government bailout. Luckily.

You mean to tell me a Hemi Challenger, Charger or a Cummins Turbo Ram wouldn't look positively marvelous in your driveway? :confused:
Well then there's no sense in asking if you might enjoy the winningest sports car ever, no Dodge Viper for you! :rolleyes:
Well at least you know quality when you see it. ;)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You mean to tell me a Hemi Challenger, Charger or a Cummins Turbo Ram wouldn't look positively marvelous in your driveway? :confused:
Well then there's no sense in asking if you might enjoy the winningest sports car ever, no Dodge Viper for you! :rolleyes:
Well at least you know quality when you see it. ;)
I'll admit that the Viper is pretty sweet. But, to be honest, I'd prefer a Corvette. The Cummins Turbo Ram wouldn't sit well next to my F350 Platinum. The Hemi Challenger/Charger twins don't do it for me at all. I also don't like the gun slit windows of the Camaro though. It's like they are trying to hard to match the Mustang in Retro/Futuristic and ended up with a heavy coup. Some people like them and like most polarizing topics, you won't convince a Chevy guy to like the Chrysler stuff, Ford to like Chevy, etc. Shoot, you can't even convince the kids these days that putting a loud muffler on a Civic isn't exactly helping much.

Winningest Sports car ever?
Oh, you mean the 1965 Shelby Mustang
http://montereycarweek.net/vintage-sports-cars/1965-shelby-mustang-gt350r-winningest-ever/
Or did you mean the Mazda RX-7?
http://alex62.typepad.com/imsablog/2006/02/mazda_rx7_winni.html
Or the Porche 911?
http://www.s14.net/forums/forum/s14/general-e30-m3-discussion/58660-winningest-racecar-ever

It's funny the internet can find just about anything... but not F-350 being the winningest... go figure.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll admit that the Viper is pretty sweet. But, to be honest, I'd prefer a Corvette. The Cummins Turbo Ram wouldn't sit well next to my F350 Platinum. The Hemi Challenger/Charger twins don't do it for me at all. I also don't like the gun slit windows of the Camaro though. It's like they are trying to hard to match the Mustang in Retro/Futuristic and ended up with a heavy coup. Some people like them and like most polarizing topics, you won't convince a Chevy guy to like the Chrysler stuff, Ford to like Chevy, etc. Shoot, you can't even convince the kids these days that putting a loud muffler on a Civic isn't exactly helping much.

http://montereycarweek.net/vintage-sports-cars/1965-shelby-mustang-gt350r-winningest-ever/
Or the Porche 911?
http://www.s14.net/forums/forum/s14/general-e30-m3-discussion/58660-winningest-racecar-ever

It's funny the internet can find just about anything... but not F-350 being the winningest... go figure.
The sweet little Tango EV could beat them all 0-60 mph performance wise. The others win in body styling. LOL
image.jpg

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Or the Porche 911?

The Ram Cummins Turbo would be dragging that F350 around the yard backwards, not sitting next to it.
865lbf of torque & 30K towing cap, beats that Blue Oval @860lbf and 19K towing cap, hell, it might drag 2 of 'em. :D
Compliments of the internet.

Charlie Kemp's '65 Shelby 350R was the winning-est Mustang ever, :oops: montereycarweek.net/vintage-sports-cars/1965-shelby-mustang-gt350r-winningest-ever. A great car thanks to Carroll Shelby. Paul Newman, Tommy Kedall, Parnelli Jones, Paul Gentilozzi and Dorsey Schrader, also helped in winning an impressive number of races and titles here is the US with a shove by Lee Iacocca, yes, the same Lee Iacocca who would later head Chrysler Corp. The Mustang, as such, was never a real player on the world racing stage, due in part to Ford's on again, off again, support of the racing Pony. Dirty shame really, Iacocca gave Ford the perfect opportunity.
Shelby Cobra was the real Ford/Shelby racer....I always wanted one....:( Ford failed to support it too!
Mazda's RX7, did win a lot with help from Tommy Kendall, Roger Mandeville, Jack Baldwin and Pete Halsmer, but were specially prepared
GTO, GTU and GTP cars, many with tube frames and several versions of non production motors including a 3 rotor version.
Porche 911.....Ahhh they were wonderful, :) again..... there has been many different versions, from the early S and T models to the
SC, E and G types along with three different basic platforms. If you were to pick one only as the basis for comparison probably the RSR's
were the racing benchmark in GT racing, they also included different cars for the Group 4 (934 turbo) and Group5 (935 Turbo).
So the 911in all of it's different forms is legendary, but then we said "Sports Car" not Sports Cars
Viper
. Using the same basic platform thru out it's racing history, the GTS-R, RT-10 and SRT10 ACR amassed victories in three straight LeMans races, finishing 1/2 all three years. The Overall win at the 24 Hours of Daytona, a first for a production based American car. 4 FIA Championships, 5 International GT Championships. The American LeMans Championship and 10 races that year (2000) and a record, Class-Manufacturers- Drivers Championships all in in one year. The SCCA Speed World Challenge GT title and two championships in the Formula D Drifting Series. Then to put the icing on the cake Viper holds, to this day, the lap record at Nürburgring for production based vehicles, over the likes of Ferrari, Maserati, Mercedes, Lambourghini and yes....Porche. :p:rolleyes::D

Just saying....;)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope so, although ours will be kept in the garage. Thats of course if I get the left side cleaned out so I can get mine in there!:)
I'm the same way. We had better get started. We may have only 10 months or so before the garage needs to be cleaned out. And if you're anything like me... well...we had better get started...o_O

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm the same way. We had better get started. We may have only 10 months or so before the garage needs to be cleaned out. And if you're anything like me... well...we had better get started...o_O
You betcha but first I have to build a shed, so I have someplace to put all the stuff that's in the garage!;)

Top Bottom