• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thoughts On A Cold Day

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, the law specifically groups motorcycles and cars (everything but snow machines) into "motor vehicles."
Seems like many Ohio residents will order on-line and have Elios delivered to Ohio? or making their purchases across State lines and driving back to Ohio. I wonder how that impacts sales tax, licensing, and registration. The NADA PAC is obviously a very powerful and active PAC and has issues against free enterprise which is the foundation of their party politics.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems like many Ohio residents will order on-line and have Elios delivered to Ohio? or making their purchases across State lines and driving back to Ohio. I wonder how that impacts sales tax, licensing, and registration. The NADA PAC is obviously a very powerful and active PAC and has issues against free enterprise which is the foundation of their party politics.
I know Elio is aware of this issue, but I don't know how they're approaching it. For folks in the southern part of the state it's easy enough to pick up a car in KY, then pay the tax and title it in Ohio. I dimly remember doing it myself about 25 years ago. For the folks up north, it's a 200 to 250 mile pain in the butt -- each way.

My suggestion would be to let people pick up their cars in Shreveport (where they will have to have at least a temporary option shop, until the marshaling centers are set up), waive the delivery fee, and credit an extra thousand miles on the warranty to cover the trip from Shreveport to, say, Akron.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Ohio, Tesla got an exemption from the law, authorizing them to maintain three (and only three) sales locations (show-rooms) in the state -- and that same law change barred ANY other manufacturers from establishing manufacturer-owned outlets in the state after that date. So Elio cannot be directly sold by the manufacturer in Ohio. Yes, of course, it's an attempt to stifle a supposedly free-market economy.

Yup, they been doing that since the 30's, fits right into GM & Ford's market strategy. :rolleyes:

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL... I didn't expect you to acgtually research all that. I like my F-350. I can remote start it when it's cold out and it'll automatically defrost the windshield and back window, heat the mirrors, steering wheel, all 4 seats, and the supplimental cab heater (like a hair dryer element in the ducts) gets it warm immediately. I wouldn't take a different truck if it were given to me. Sure, Ram makes good trucks. So does GM. There is nothing that either offer that make me envious. 860 vs. 865? It's funny how they keep upping each other. I'd go back to 500lbf if they'd just up the daily mileage by 10 or 15... It's not like I use that capability regularly.

Some research, some mental acuity, some experience, but then I'd like to think of myself as a real race fanatic.
Just can't afford to actually race anymore, gave away the farm. ;) When it comes to Ram/Cummins, the closest I
got was my 2000 5.9L gas, couldn't afford one unless someone gave me one. :(

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it just me or does "two car garage" these days really seem to mean, "if there is absolutely nothing else inside, you can just, just, just barely fit two mid-size cars inside."
We used to rent a room to a guy with a Firebird. The garage door wouldn't close with the car inside because even touching the rear wall, the other end was triggering the door sensor.
yes! my house was built in '72. my neighbor kid parked his F150 in there and with the front bumper 1in from the wall the rear bumper was just 4 inches from the closed door. my jeep and a Geo metro fit snugly side by side.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yes! my house was built in '72. my neighbor kid parked his F150 in there and with the front bumper 1in from the wall the rear bumper was just 4 inches from the closed door. my jeep and a Geo metro fit snugly side by side.
When it comes to A garage you will never build it big enough. No madder how big you make it someone will fill it. I gave up at 1800 square feet.
Built a room for my bikes only. Posted a sign warning you had better not carry anything except a cup of coffee in here with out written permission.
I had marked a few things to be disposed of to make room for the ELIO, looks like it can stay now.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

we've also noticed that the garages on recently built homes seem smaller .... in a way I can understand it because of the size of the cars on the market today .... there just aren't any Buick Electra 225's or (traditional) Lincoln Continentals rolling off the lines today

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we've also noticed that the garages on recently built homes seem smaller .... in a way I can understand it because of the size of the cars on the market today .... there just aren't any Buick Electra 225's or (traditional) Lincoln Continentals rolling off the lines today
On the flip side, everything seems to be getting longer. My friend's 2004 Corolla is as long as my old 91 Camry. My coworker's 2015 F150 might as well be a different vehicle from the 1987 F150 my grandfather used to own.

Top Bottom