• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Three Wheel Vehicle Problems In Texas

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Step one is complete. I suspect by the time the Elio is produced, even the State of Texas will see the benefit of accepting this vehicle to be driven within the state. This says it can be licensed and registered. Now the next hurdle will be handled by Joel Sheltrown and staff. :-) Z

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Roberto, are you in Texas? If not, no worries. Add your general location to your profile so we know where you are.
  1. We are a year or so from production. That gives Elio Motors lots of time to grease the wheels.
  2. Polaris is a $2 billion corporation, they aren't going to put up with this.
  3. Government bureaucrats are stupid. Texas already registers Campagna T-Rex and Morgan trikes and they are "ride in".
This is a temporary hiccup likely caused by a bureaucrat who wasn't stroked properly. They are like mean cats -- they will bite the hand that feeds them just out of spite if they aren't stroked when they want to be.

Last edited:

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you think of this reporter's perception?
"With some already considering the Elio to be a form of birth control for single guys, having to wear a helmet inside it would make it even dorkier. "
If the Elio ends up being an anti-chick magnet, my wife of 38 years will probably like it even more <lol>

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt the Elio will have a problem due to it being enclosed like a car unlike the Slingshot.

As for the anti chick magnet I don't buy cars to attract women. And even if I had the $$ to afford real chick magnet cars(Ferrari, Lambo, etc). Why would I want a woman to like me only for what car I have?

Top Bottom