• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Three Wheel Vehicle Problems In Texas

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Scroll back and read post #61 Badboy
thanks for response but read several times. I posted in response to post #65 "with Texas that it is in full compliance with section 521.001(6-a) and that its vehicles will be able to be titled and registered as motorcycles under that provision".

My question remains as stated if it is registered as a motorcycle and post 65 says it will be...is insurance reflected as a car or motorcycle as later should be higher. Nothing needed about registration or DL just insurance.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thanks for response but read several times. I posted in response to post #65 "with Texas that it is in full compliance with section 521.001(6-a) and that its vehicles will be able to be titled and registered as motorcycles under that provision".

My question remains as stated if it is registered as a motorcycle and post 65 says it will be...is insurance reflected as a car or motorcycle as later should be higher. Nothing needed about registration or DL just insurance.
If it's registered as a mc it's insured as a mc.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
That is my understanding also. Never owned a cycle but am I correct thinking insurance will be higher as more risky?

Motorcycle insurance is generally less expensive than car insurance. This is because motorcycles tend to be less expensive than cars and also cause less damage to other vehicles, property, and people, in accidents so insurance company liability is much lower.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Motorcycle insurance is generally less expensive than car insurance. This is because motorcycles tend to be less expensive than cars and also cause less damage to other vehicles, property, and people, in accidents so insurance company liability is much lower.
Thanks G.O. good info. I am paying apprx $75/mo for auto insurance and would love that to drop.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt the Elio will have a problem due to it being enclosed like a car unlike the Slingshot.

As for the anti chick magnet I don't buy cars to attract women. And even if I had the $$ to afford real chick magnet cars(Ferrari, Lambo, etc). Why would I want a woman to like me only for what car I have?
Neither the Elio or the Slingshot meet the Texas definition of a motorcycle...nothing to do with Elio's enclosed cab, but rather the seat style. DMV regs are DMV regs unless they change the definition by legislation before production time. There could be a slight glitch in Texas.

Perhaps we should all check our States MC Licensing Code and Definitions to be sure there aren't similar issues out there to avoid any surprises. Idaho is covered.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom