• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tire Rotation

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Tire rotation" was one of those phrases that has always confused me. I know what it means, but I can't help thinking, "Aren't the tires already rotating? Isn't that what tires are made to do?"

I think a better phrase would have been something like "tire swapping".

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Most LRR tires made today have rotation direction markings on the outside of the sidewall.

If this is the type of tire mounted on the Elio. Swaping left to right side would require remounting on the rim, would it not?
Correct; and being that the front tires are a different size than the rear tire, it's a vehicle you don't rotate tires on.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Tire rotation" was one of those phrases that has always confused me. I know what it means, but I can't help thinking, "Aren't the tires already rotating? Isn't that what tires are made to do?"

I think a better phrase would have been something like "tire swapping".
LOL... Me too!

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Assuming tires are not undirection, and uneven wear becomes a common problem. I would think the front wheels would be swapped as has been stated already. Fun part would be the rear wheel, I don't know if it would be a practical idea, but a rim that could be mounted to the swingarm on either side might work. That way during tire rotation you would just remove the rim, flip it then remount it. Would not have to remove the tire from the rim to flip it that way.

Top Bottom