• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tough Sell?

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It sure doesn't help. But the purchase price does. if I were a real conspiracy theorist, I would think that the Wahhabi family is pumping out all that oil to keep us fat dumb and happy while the jihadists that they sponsor take over more and more of the Middle East.

But then, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

And if I were a paranoid on top of being a conspiracy theorist, I would think the house ofor Saud had it entirely in for Paul Elio.

But then, I am NOT a paranoid either.

But, if you were a conspirator and paranoid you would be Connoid. There must be some of those somewhere.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope the negative articles is part of the reason for no dramatic upswing in reservations. This effect would go away once production starts.

Perhaps we need a picture of Obama, Hillary, and Trump debating from inside their Elios.

If you could get a picture of Kim Kardashian in one, you could not build them fast enough. If I were Paul, I would give her one.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Naw, that's a conspiranoid.

Amen.

To get back on topic...
I'm a lazy prepper.
The apocalypse will wait for me.

Thank you for the correction. We now have a fitting name for the naysayers. I am just trying to make the old Subaru last until I get my Elio. Then I will retire the Subaru to snow days.

IdahoDuffer

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
American's have become such a touchy/feely society that only those who look beyond next week's paycheck have faith anymore. If people can't buy it now they will more on to something they can. Its almost like if you don't spend every dime as soon as you have it people are scared someone will take it. I agree that being in production and visible to the masses will bring about the best boost in interest.

For now, those of us you who are faithful the car will be built, need to continue to beat the drum for Elio. I am constantly telling people about this great new car that is about to be built. Having more proof as testing processes will only encourage me to talk to more people. I have so many friends and family that could have their lives truly changed by this car.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio 's production has been pushed back a lot. I'm sure that has turned a lot of people away or made them weary of reserving one. However, I stand by my original statement, seeing them on the road is what will make sales.

You have exactly described EM's dilemma! One word comes to mind: DOUBT. Doubt can easily leads to indecisions and hesitations...even fear of losing one's hard earned money and it's all because of the uncertainty of ELIO's future production! And people can pick on these delays; it makes them either wait or move along. And it shows on the reservations barely cracking the 50K mark after it started years ago. Right now, final delivery of the ELIO is a PROMISE TO NO ONE, as EM is not obligated if they deemed it's futile to continue w/out the necessary funding. But I'm just describing the worse case scenario. For now, it will reinforce my belief and will stay positive if EM starts giving us feedback on the E-series build, not the usual caca meme blog w/ nothing new.:D June/July will be critical because by then the e-series tests should have been completed and funding secured (any later than that and they may not have enough time to set up production lines, infrastructure, building and stocking up the new engines, etc.). But hey, what do I know? :D Strictly my opinion only.

Top Bottom