• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tow A Light Trailer?

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello amd welcome! Nobody knows about trailering yet? You'll need a trailer mount which has been discussed. Guess we'll all find out when they start rolling off the line..

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can the Elio tow a very light-weight trailer? I want to tow a 16-ft 70-lb kayak.

Welcome from e.Tennessee!
The answer: Yes. MY Elio "will" pull a trailer. :becky: At this point in time tho, It "might" void your warranty (and Mine). This is not unusual, as many vehicle makers will do the same. I am convinced that Elio will be capable of towing a small trailer, but I can understand some of the liability issues that could keep EM from allowing it for the first year of production.

ronreimers

Reaction score
i have a 5x8 ft swivel wheel trailer on my 5th wheel RV. i need to know the total length and width of the Elio in hopes it would
fit on my trailer, towed behind my 5th wheel. Does anyone have the L-W dimensions of the vehicle?

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i have a 5x8 ft swivel wheel trailer on my 5th wheel RV. i need to know the total length and width of the Elio in hopes it would
fit on my trailer, towed behind my 5th wheel. Does anyone have the L-W dimensions of the vehicle?

I haven't seen your swivel wheel trailer, but it is unlikely that the attach points are as narrow as the back of the Elio. That would make an unusually awkward hitch because the Elio does not have a rear bumper. If you can make this work for you, I am sure that many of us would be interested in the outcome because we too would like a small trailer.:yo:

Top Bottom