• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Toyota I-road Tilting Three Wheeler

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like Toyota's 2 seater tilting city car i-Road concept. If Toyota would only increase the performance numbers it could be a big commuter market contender. Toyota has been showing the i-Road at a variety of Auto Show events and have a pilot fleet currently being tested in a city car program. Reporters involved in test drives at the 2014 CES in Vegas said it's a blast to drive with the tilt factor & rear wheel steering.
image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, 'fun'; but at 30 mile RANGE, and TOP SPEED of 30mph...... very 'limited fun'! If the concept goes well..... expect improvements to make it competitive. 'Rear wheel steer', could be a problem at higher speeds.
With current specs it's simply an enclosed scooter.......no more no less......and may appeal to a city dweller demographic. I have a need for speed...........over 30 mph.......and think they may bump it up a notch. I agree that rear wheel steer may be to quick and be a problem at higher speeds. But still a fun little concept by a major Auto Company that seems to be gaining some momentum and interest.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I said before. "I road" No comparison to the Elio. Popularity will not detonate like the correct mix presented by Elio parameters. Those parameters are pure dynamite to the American no nonsense cross culture, or shall we say, culture neutral , unique to America.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sadly have to agree. It needs to have 75 mph sustained top speed for 75 miles, get 75 mpg-e, and cost ~$7,500 to get my money. I do love the tilting car concept so much, but nothing out there really seems feasible. The Lit-C seems closest, but waaaay expensive.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sadly have to agree. It needs to have 75 mph sustained top speed for 75 miles, get 75 mpg-e, and cost ~$7,500 to get my money. I do love the tilting car concept so much, but nothing out there really seems feasible. The Lit-C seems closest, but waaaay expensive.
I agree with those minimal performance requirements. Toyota may get the i-Road closer to those standards if the concept develops to production status. It's the tilt that's most appealing and one to watch for.
The four tenants: $7500, 75 MPGe, 75 mph, and anticipated 5 star safety.

The Lit-C1 is the ultimate if or when it happens.

Top Bottom