• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Toyota I-road Tilting Three Wheeler

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could go for 60 mph, but not less as my daily commute takes me on a 55 mph road that....yeah, people drive at 55-60 (heavily patrolled by cops that don't cut you much slack). Would need 50 miles to get to/from with some safety margin.... Couldn't care less about safety. I used to ride a motorcycle; anything is better than that. Price? Keep it under $10k. Mpg? Just about anything that would go with such a small, aerodynamic vehicle would work for me (ie, 60+).

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A BIG celebrity behind the wheel of the newly redesigned i-Road. "I'll be back!" Seems to fit comfortably.
Article I read said 2015 production. Possible range extender engine.......300 miles.....30 electric range......a city car based on max speed.......but looks and sounds from people who have driven it like a hoot to drive with it's tilt factor.

image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, because of the narrow wheelbase is this more prone to tip over?
I also wonder how it does in a stiff side wind.
I was thinking narrow is good! Toyota has been testing the i-Road concept for some time now and is apparently very stabile. Could make for an ideal Island Electric AutoScooter.

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny you mention that Z. Lately I've been noticing almost everyone seems so young these days! ;)
We have a very elderly looking lady who comes to the pool to do water exercise. One of the other ladies commented on it and I mentioned I had always wondered how old she was. She said, oh she's probably in her 70s. I grinned and said, I'm 73. She looked so shocked and then went and asked the lady her age. 87. I would have guessed 90 so I was at least closer. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom