• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Toyota I-road Tilting Three Wheeler

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm Did you notice how young all those drivers were? Not a gray hair among them. You definitely need to get your foot in the door, Rickb, and show them how cool we are. LOL :) Z
I'm all in on the idea of being young at heart. The i-Road would be ideal fun in the retirement commumities replacing the electric golf carts as the favorite mode of transportation.

Frankly, the Elio is as appealing to the younger generation, but appeals to a much wider demographic. I plan on owning an Elio, an i-Road, and a Lit motors C-1. Starting a motorcycle collection in my retiremnt years.......who knew I was that young at heart.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm... 30 mile range... top speed 30 mph... no A/C... Projected cost... $25K... Oh yeah, Toyota will sell a lot of these down in Houston in the summer! :p
Looks kinda like a cool golf cart to me... albeit an expensive one!...

Too bad the Carver didn't make it... conventional 3 wheel but with a tilting body... There's a new concept trike based on the Carver's tilting body but way cooler looking...The VentureOne... http://thekneeslider.com/ventureone-tilting-3-wheeler/ It's the schemin' n' Dreamin' stage right now so we have to wait n' see if it develops into a solid product... Going to be a hybrid or all electric so I'm sure it'll be a lot more expensive than the Elio...

h_r:cool:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm... 30 mile range... top speed 30 mph... no A/C... Projected cost... $25K... Oh yeah, Toyota will sell a lot of these down in Houston in the summer! :p
Looks kinda like a cool golf cart to me... albeit an expensive one!...

Too bad the Carver didn't make it... conventional 3 wheel but with a tilting body... There's a new concept trike based on the Carver's tilting body but way cooler looking...The VentureOne... http://thekneeslider.com/ventureone-tilting-3-wheeler/ It's the schemin' n' Dreamin' stage right now so we have to wait n' see if it develops into a solid product... Going to be a hybrid or all electric so I'm sure it'll be a lot more expensive than the Elio...

The Toyota i-Road's anticipated price range $10K not $25K. View from driver's seat. Obviously, the Elio AutoCycle is more practical and has a lower price point. The i-Road EV AutoScooter a fun factor tilt for around town errands.
image.jpg

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Toyota i-Road's anticipated price range $10K not $25K. View from driver's seat. Obviously, the Elio AutoCycle is more practical and has a lower price point. The i-Road EV AutoScooter a fun factor tilt for around town errands.
View attachment 3626

Rickb,

My bad buddy on the price...:oops: I misread an article... I looks like that's the anticipated price for the Lit C-1... However, I still think 10K is pretty pricey for a vehicle with the limitations this one has... It might see some duty in places like Japan or Europe or tourist type around downtown use (In Houston they have Segway tours for instance) or maybe retirement villages... For me it is a little impractical, range wise, top speed, and no A/C... IMHO :)
I'm jus' waitin' for my E! :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rickb,

My bad buddy on the price...:oops: I misread an article... I looks like that's the anticipated price for the Lit C-1... However, I still think 10K is pretty pricey for a vehicle with the limitations this one has... It might see some duty in places like Japan or Europe or tourist type around downtown use (In Houston they have Segway tours for instance) or maybe retirement villages... For me it is a little impractical, range wise, top speed, and no A/C... IMHO :)
I'm jus' waitin' for my E! :D

No problem! I'm waiting or my E, i, and C-1.

Top Bottom