• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trading In Your Old Car When Getting Your Elio

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was reading through the new blog that was posted today they linked to several articles about the Elio. I got to reading one at at gadgetreview.com and noticed this in one of the paragraphs:

I am assuming that "the company" it is insinuating that the company is Elio. I interpret that to mean that they will accept trade-ins.
We also have to consider the source. I believe I have read elsewhere that Elio is considering a trade-in option but until I hear it from Elio Motors and see it in black and white I have to assume it is more speculation. In fact I remember there were some comments/advice on here at the time about getting our vehicles detailed to improve trade-in value. :) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not willing to make that leap of faith and assume Elio will be taking in trades. I do understand their point that if you replace that vehicle you will experience significant savings.

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got an email asking if I were going to trade my vehicle in.
It's a REAL short survey if your answer is "no".

I never really thought about trade-ins. I guess it makes sense to do so; the CarMax model, as suggested, would work well.

Reaching way, way back in my past as a car salesman... (don't hate me.:D)... our dealership made more $ off the used lot (and service department) than they did new car sales.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If someone answers "Yes" please share what questions they ask as this is a very short survey those of us who answer "No".

I suspect the majority of Elio buyers will not be trading anything as this will be an additional car for commuting or fun however I can still see a substantial need for Elio Motors to accept trades to make purchasing an Elio easier for certain buyers. I wonder if they will partner with someone such as the mentioned CarMax to make this possible.

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If someone answers "Yes" please share what questions they ask as this is a very short survey those of us who answer "No".

I suspect the majority of Elio buyers will not be trading anything as this will be an additional car for commuting or fun however I can still see a substantial need for Elio Motors to accept trades to make purchases easier for certain buyers. I wonder if they will partner with someone such as the mentioned CarMax to make this possible.

1. If Elio became available within the next 6 months would you have a car to trade in? Yes or No
2. Make (select from drop down menu)
3. Model (select from drop down menu)
4. Year (select form drop down menu)
5. Mileage in increments until 101,000 and then it was anything over that
6. Condition (multiple choice)
7. Additional information you may want to include.

:-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since we are a 1 car, 1 driver family and need a "Heavy Hauler (Ford Focus??) for some things, my new Elio is going to be a second car. So I am not worried about trading.
I bet the Focus has that heavy duty tow package option I was hoping would be available for the Elio. 1 car, 1 driver family? You must be buying the Elio for the shear fun of the ride.................too!

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they do not "take"trades, then they will have to bring in a third party like carmax to buy the used automobile people will need to trade in. The young working poor will have an old tired car that they will not be able to maintain if they have a "new car payment." So if Elio motors can't take trades they will be cutting off a large per engage of the public.

Top Bottom