• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trike Alternatives Ghost Wheels

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Even if These were OK to use for an old guy (which they aren't) They don't address my main concern which is weather protection.
We get 120 in of rain /Yr here and I need a roof over my head.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like it!

Two of the biggest complaints I've heard about dual-rear trikes and trike kits is the loss of the lean...
And the fear of flipping over while trying to scrape the boards doing the twisties. Both compaints are solved here.
It looks to me like you could still easily lay the bike down and go into a slide at speed if the G.W.s were "unlocked"

And why aren't these "OK to use for an old guy..."?

It's not a rig that's that's really meant to make you want to up and and buy a bike if you don't already have one.
Unless... You've wanted one to begin with and strength and stability issues at stops and slow speeds have kept you from it.

It lets your bike instantly be a true bike if you choose or it lets it instantly be a trike @ 18mph or less if you choose.
And I think it looks cool as hell imitating the action of an i-road going 'round the curves.

Here's another clip that goes into a little more detail...

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was exactly my thought when I saw it, but apparently some people don't like alternative transportation options of any kind.

Top Bottom