• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trunk Questions

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've never had issues with parking my truck for a week or two at the Park and Wait in Albuquerque...

In St. Louis,
Lot C or Cypress parking, 11338 Cypress Rd, has secure parking and free shuttle to the terminal. I have used them for the past 9 years without any incident to me or others that I am aware of.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea of the Elio as an airport queen. Smaller so less likely to get dinged up and plastic body panels to resist dings. Cheap to replace in case it gets stolen but more reliable than a cheap used car so it will start when you get back from a trip.

When I was a road warrior for IBM I bought a small car just to use for airport duty since the taxi was absurdly expensive, much more so per month than a car payment and long term parking fees. That was in the days before Uber and Lyft, so it may be different now. Still, wouldn't it be nice to return to your Elio waiting to drive you home rather than some stranger?
I was a Road Warrior for FirstAm for 5 years; the agreement they had with clients was that "any and all expenses incurred from having a tech on site are to be paid by the client" so I didn't mind paying an airporter to come and pick me up, and deliver me, we never paid for it. Plus it was only $50 round trip on the airporters so it was a good deal.
I did use the off site lots for a while (like 6 months); the place I used, you pulled up, got out, they would put your bags on the shuttle bus, and you'd leave your keys in the car; they would park it, and have it waiting for you on the return time. That was until it was hit in the right side while it was parked. They paid to have it fixed, but it soured me on using those sites after that.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was a Road Warrior for FirstAm for 5 years; the agreement they had with clients was that "any and all expenses incurred from having a tech on site are to be paid by the client" so I didn't mind paying an airporter to come and pick me up, and deliver me, we never paid for it. Plus it was only $50 round trip on the airporters so it was a good deal.
I did use the off site lots for a while (like 6 months); the place I used, you pulled up, got out, they would put your bags on the shuttle bus, and you'd leave your keys in the car; they would park it, and have it waiting for you on the return time. That was until it was hit in the right side while it was parked. They paid to have it fixed, but it soured me on using those sites after that.
At the one I used, they told you where to park and a shuttle picked you up and gave you a card with your parking spot number. When you got back in town, you got on the shuttle and handed your card to the driver. They'd drop you right at your vehicle and help you with your luggage. I enjoyed it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
At the one I used, they told you where to park and a shuttle picked you up and gave you a card with your parking spot number. When you got back in town, you got on the shuttle and handed your card to the driver. They'd drop you right at your vehicle and help you with your luggage. I enjoyed it.
Oh, like I said; I used them for 6 months or more; but it was a one time incident that soured me on it.
I know that's a long shot to happen again; but I couldn't break away from that bad JuJu it brought. ;)

Top Bottom