• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trying To Understand "wraps"

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you say some more about that?What do you think of the black one with the matte gray panels and the orange pin striping?
Tri-color is really hard to pull off, but he did a great balancing act on that one.
White is tough for a few different reasons; #1 there are sooooo many different whites; finding the right White is very hard, matching it after is even harder because it tricks the eye depending on the lighting, age and surrounding colors. White will hide some flaws in the body, but you have to do every square inch of the body, including everything under the hood otherwise you lose the balance of the car color.
Black; as long as the body panels are pretty much perfect black looks great; but get a flawed subsurface and there is no sense in trying to do black; it will look bad because it will magnify that subsurface.
Either color can be used; but go to a custom car show and observe how many customs are black, or a dark color (Blue, Brown, Burgundy etc.) compared to the number of White customs you see there, if you see any at all. White is just that hard to make it look "right"

There is a guy in Salt Lake City that has been on TV; I got to meet and talk with him when he was in Portland at the annual custom cars show.
His name is Dave Kindig. His Shop is Kindig-it Designs.
He is one of the few people that I have seen do fantastic on everything he touches.
On one show, he converted a 1958 Suburban into a Pickup Truck; it looked factory after he finished.
Here's an example of a white car he did

http://www.stangtv.com/features/car...-68-boss-mustang-is-nothing-short-of-amazing/

(make sure to scroll down on the page to see the underside, and under hood)
What they don't show enough of underbody, is that it's completely smooth, no exposed driveshaft, or exhaust pipes.

Here's a few of his other custom cars

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/kindig-it-design-salt-lake-city

He makes Foose look like a rookie.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kin dig surely does beautiful work. The early vw microbus with the tilt-out windshield -- too much!

I just want to fin somebody local to make a mild zipper-upper for my Elio! What I'd be even more interested in (aside from a non-elgin dash) is a computer re-tune to make the car a little zippier .. if that's feasible.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To get back to the wrap topic, let me begin.

What sets a truly great wrap apart, to me at least, is that it should have a complete theme. You don't want something that wanders around and confused people. You want something that makes for a great foundation that is appealing to at least the consumer but it doesn't hurt if passersby like looking at it as well. Here's my recipe for a truly good wrap that everyone can get their hands on.

I like a good theme running throughout so I'll start with a barnyard theme.

Start with a nice pale white flour type of coloring.

Add some ham, chicken, mayo, mustard, and cheese. Well, throw in some lettuce and black olives. A touch of Ranch dressing will really make it pop. And, there you go. That's a wrap, people. Now, who had the original wrap question?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

What sets a truly great wrap apart, to me at least, is that it should have a complete theme. You don't want something that wanders around and confused people. You want something that makes for a great foundation that is appealing to at least the consumer but it doesn't hurt if passersby like looking at it as well. Here's my recipe for a truly good wrap that everyone can get their hands on.

Add some ham, chicken, mayo, mustard, and cheese. Well, throw in some lettuce and black olives. A touch of Ranch dressing will really make it pop. And, there you go. That's a wrap, people. Now, who had the original wrap question?

lmao! :hail:

You Falcon fans, I tell ya....

Reactions: Ty

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Karma.jpg

Groan.png

Top Bottom