• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Two More Cents

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sticking with this crazy idea that no one has the right to give me freedom. That is a gift of God. Quick, someone please find me to quote that backs me up on this before they charge me as being political. LOL
Floks, Just look at the Constitution, it has Many Quotes you could use that are not Political but are a Mere Statement of Fact.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
tazairforce, I am not sure how you interpreted my post as a debate or brag about purchasing a vehicle but if you did I psychology. My intension was not to promote the business ethics of GM nor to debate whether we the tax payers should have bailed them out. Yes I worked very hard my whole life to save for what most would consider a toy. That was my decision and not a promotion that it was the norm. I was simply saying that other manufacturers (take your pick) offer factory tours, pickup and traditionally there is a fee for this type of interaction. As a fairly early supporter #61 on the list (and truth be told) manufacturing partner with Technosports I have just as much vested interest as Everyone for Elio to keep pricing as originally promised or as low as possible and see this company and its investors (buyers) begin an American car revolution. Unions, bailouts, politics, and religion are topics I avoid since there is no definitive winner especially in a forum format. From my original note, I still feel since Elio already has Pep Boys on board I would be curious if that in place partner might not play a bigger role in the market support. I hope my views are explained properly, my apology again if you view them as other.

Yes! You have explained it very well. I ask that you also accept my Apology if I seemed to respond to strongly.
As we all want to learn all we can about our Elio, we may become over wrought in our quest for the Latest/Greatest information that we can find. Per your response, I find you to be a friend.
To quote Z, 'We are all a friendly/close family'

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Floks, Just look at the Constitution, it has Many Quotes you could use that are not Political but are a Mere Statement of Fact.
I really only see this mentioned one time and that is the Declaration of Independence. it also establishes that he Government only derives it power to govern by permission of we the people. Just as you say it only becomes political when others assume the Government decides which freedoms and what the rights of the individuals are. Sound familiar? PS Please don't call me Floks and I wont call you the force of air the proceeds out of the butt of a Tazmainian. Get it.LOL, Tazairforce.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
tazairforce, I am not sure how you interpreted my post as a debate or brag about purchasing a vehicle but if you did I apologize. My intension was not to promote the business ethics of GM nor to debate whether we the tax payers should have bailed them out. Yes I worked very hard my whole life to save for what most would consider a toy. That was my decision and not a promotion that it was the norm. I was simply saying that other manufacturers (take your pick) offer factory tours, pickup and traditionally there is a fee for this type of interaction. As a fairly early supporter #61 on the list (and truth be told) manufacturing partner with Technosports I have just as much vested interest as Everyone for Elio to keep pricing as originally promised or as low as possible and see this company and its investors (buyers) begin an American car revolution. Unions, bailouts, politics, and religion are topics I avoid since there is no definitive winner especially in a forum format. From my original note, I still feel since Elio already has Pep Boys on board I would be curious if that in place partner might not play a bigger role in the market support. I hope my views are explained properly, my apology again if you view them as other.
Money isn't everything,
but it sure keeps the kids in touch.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a similar issue when transporting my three-wheel bikes. Standard bike racks don;t work and, if not for my pickup truck, I'd have to improvise a rooftop (Thule or <insert brand here>) carrier or buy the adapter kit for the hitch-mount racks. If a standard car carrier is used, it will have to be adapted with a center wheel tray.

I would not want MY new Elio transported thousands of miles with the obvious twisting-torquing forces of the rear wheel set diagonally in a tray. Of course, I plan on driving it home from Shreveport, LA to Portland, OR!
They said they'd install a dolly at the factory so that the car will, in effect, have 2 rear wheels for transport.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Clever Math

A farmer died leaving his 17 horses to his 3 sons.

When his sons opened up the Will it read:

My eldest son should get 1/2 (half) of total horses;
My middle son should be given 1/3rd (one-third) of the total horses;

My youngest son should be given 1/9th (one-ninth) of the total horses.

As it’s impossible to divide 17 into half or 17 by 3 or 17 by 9, the three sons started to fight with each other.

So, they decided to go to a farmer’s friend who they considered quite smart, to see if he could work it out for them.

The farmer friend read the Will patiently, after giving due thought, he brought one of his own horses over and added it to the 17. That increased the total to 18 horses.

Now, he divided the horses according to their father's Will.

Half of 18 = 9. So he gave the eldest son 9 horses.
1/3rd of 18 = 6. So he gave the middle son 6 horses.
1/9th of 18 = 2. So he gave the youngest son 2 horses.
< /DIV>

Now add up how many horses they have:

Eldest son……..9

Middle son…....6

Youngest son….2

TOTAL IS……17

Now this leaves one horse over, so the farmer friend takes his horse back to his farm.

Problem Solved!

Moral:
The attitude of negotiation and problem solving is to find the 18th horse i.e. the common ground. Once a person is able to find the 18th horse the issue is resolved. It is difficult at times. However, to reach a solution, the first step is to believe that there is a solution. If we think that there is no solution, we won’t be able to reach any!

That’s clever Mathematics!

================

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Clever Math

A farmer died leaving his 17 horses to his 3 sons.

When his sons opened up the Will it read:

My eldest son should get 1/2 (half) of total horses;
My middle son should be given 1/3rd (one-third) of the total horses;

My youngest son should be given 1/9th (one-ninth) of the total horses.

As it’s impossible to divide 17 into half or 17 by 3 or 17 by 9, the three sons started to fight with each other.

So, they decided to go to a farmer’s friend who they considered quite smart, to see if he could work it out for them.

The farmer friend read the Will patiently, after giving due thought, he brought one of his own horses over and added it to the 17. That increased the total to 18 horses.

Now, he divided the horses according to their father's Will.

Half of 18 = 9. So he gave the eldest son 9 horses.
1/3rd of 18 = 6. So he gave the middle son 6 horses.
1/9th of 18 = 2. So he gave the youngest son 2 horses.
< /DIV>

Now add up how many horses they have:

Eldest son……..9

Middle son…....6

Youngest son….2

TOTAL IS……17

Now this leaves one horse over, so the farmer friend takes his horse back to his farm.

Problem Solved!

Moral:
The attitude of negotiation and problem solving is to find the 18th horse i.e. the common ground. Once a person is able to find the 18th horse the issue is resolved. It is difficult at times. However, to reach a solution, the first step is to believe that there is a solution. If we think that there is no solution, we won’t be able to reach any!

That’s clever Mathematics!

================

The moral of the story: After the first son takes 1/2 of each horse....nobody gets any horses! :mad: :eek: :p :D

PS. Nice post! :cool:

Top Bottom