• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Updated Supplier Info On Elio Site

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EE is the designation for Elio Eagle that so many seem to insist on around here. Sturgis is the home of the largest Motorcycle Rally in the US. I've been there twice, riding in from Kansas the first time and from Phoenix the second. We need to time ours with theirs, :D(can you imagine their indignation?) or maybe make ours the month after. Sturgis is MC friendly
Thanks for the explanation. Personally EE does absolutely nothing for me and neither does Elio Eagle. Sigh! :-) Z

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sigh... Not to sound like too much of a curmudgeon but Sturgis is a bike rally. It is not a car, not an autocycle, and definitely not a good place for an elio rally. Certainly times at Sturgis have mellowed since the days when "rice burners" were hauled into trees and grenaded by running them at full throttle but that doesn't mean taunting the rally with a bunch of brightly colored three wheeled machines is a good idea.

I found it interesting that elio had a presence at Daytona bike week and perhaps that is what leads you to think Sturgis would be fun - it would not.

Even if you would like to persist in this notion remember that Sturgis is a rally out of control. It is impossible to get lodging, prices are unreal, travel around the area is DANGEROUS due to the large number of people as well as the potential that many may be riding beyond their capacity or under the influence.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pick an area that has something for us to go there besides a rally. No need to go where there are going to be people that we have to compete with for the tourist resources because of an event drawing a mass of people already.
OH wait I do have one idea.... if we had a rally a hundred miles away from an event that had broad appeal and interest we could eeeee over for the day, it would only cost us about a gallon of gas each way, and we could make it a mini road rally.
But our little gathering could be a warm fuzzy personal event, away from the maddening crowds...and the people at the big event that want to see EE's could come over to our place

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sigh... Not to sound like too much of a curmudgeon but Sturgis is a bike rally. It is not a car, not an autocycle, and definitely not a good place for an elio rally. Certainly times at Sturgis have mellowed since the days when "rice burners" were hauled into trees and grenaded by running them at full throttle but that doesn't mean taunting the rally with a bunch of brightly colored three wheeled machines is a good idea.

I found it interesting that elio had a presence at Daytona bike week and perhaps that is what leads you to think Sturgis would be fun - it would not.

Even if you would like to persist in this notion remember that Sturgis is a rally out of control. It is impossible to get lodging, prices are unreal, travel around the area is DANGEROUS due to the large number of people as well as the potential that many may be riding beyond their capacity or under the influence.
I have ridden into Sturgis twice and on both occasions I had a great time. The first of those was nearly 30 years ago. But I do agree that it is not the place for autocycles. What we need to do is find a place of our own for an annual rally. I am open to suggestion. Maybe this ough t become a Topic.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, most of you have probably seen this but I'm putting it here anyway...
Elio is indeed going the Harley route and offering customization as an additional source of revenue. Here's just one of the suppliers with updated information off the Elio Motors website:

Options:
Dakkota Lighting will be providing Elio Motors with many lighting related options including:

1. Lit 3D Elio Graphic sill plate
  2. Lit Elio badge for the hood
  3. Lighted Vanity Visor with Integrated Map Light and Puddle Light
  4. Back Cargo Light puck light
Key word here is Options. It is nice to know the website is being updated. I checked today and the Flame information (sorry I can't remember the name or the letters) is there and is updated. Sometimes I feel the website hasn't been updated in forever. I guess that shows just a teensy bit of impatience. LOL Of course the delay is in my favor because it is giving me the time and the option of upgrading my "all in" reservation as I can. Hmmmm Options. Such a very nice word. LOL :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have ridden into Sturgis twice and on both occasions I had a great time. The first of those was nearly 30 years ago. But I do agree that it is not the place for autocycles. What we need to do is find a place of our own for an annual rally. I am open to suggestion. Maybe this ough t become a Topic.

Viva Las Vegas! :)

Top Bottom