• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Us Senator Vitter Introduces Autocycle Safety Act - S.685

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We will have to see how this plays out however if you read some of the reasons how EM could take advantage of this, in my post above, I believe EM would disagree with you that the risks outweighs the gains. If EM felt the risks outweighed the possible gains I doubt they would be actively involved in pushing for this legal change in status.
I agree we have to wait and I hope it's a favorable outcome.

The gain far outweighs the risk in EM's pursuit of their CAFE pot-o-gold. Technically, they have litttle risk with their day to day crapshoot at this point of the dream. The risk I speak of is ours not theirs.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator Comment: Please try and keep discussions on topic and at the very least related to Elio Motors. A number of posts had to be removed after several reports about a discussion completely unrelated to Elio Motors. Everyone is encouraged to visit our Off Topic forum for discussions not directly related to Elio Motors.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Doug Fox

Reaction score
Think about it Cafe credits are earned for each elio sold. Ford Gm & Chrysyler sell lots of trucks that pull down their average mpgs. The more elios that are sold the more trucks Ford, GM and Chrysler can sell. Selling cafe credits is pure profit. When Elio takes off and proves the viability of the market. Elio will be copied or the hottest take over target in the automotive market. Investing in Elio is a very smart play.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think about it Cafe credits are earned for each elio sold. Ford Gm & Chrysyler sell lots of trucks that pull down their average mpgs. The more elios that are sold the more trucks Ford, GM and Chrysler can sell. Selling cafe credits is pure profit. When Elio takes off and proves the viability of the market. Elio will be copied or the hottest take over target in the automotive market. Investing in Elio is a very smart play.
And letting those guys produce more big vehicles is the opposite of what the program is supposed to do. It IS supposed to encourage producers to make more fuel efficient vehicles but in a free market, the public decides what they want to buy. So, Ford will buy credits so they can make big trucks and they'll keep passing on those costs to me... I mean the customers. (This assumes that Elio will be allowed to earn credits) Perhaps it'll help but it feels like they are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Top Bottom