• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Usa Article

Paul Heitzman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
"It's fine if you're going to use it as a moderate-distance commuter (car). It's not something you'd take on a long trip,"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...er-car-motorcycle-shreveport-startup/3880337/

Amazing, my purpose for buying an Elio is just opposite of what this article intones.....I am hoping to tour the country with minimum discomfort and maximum mileage. It will sure beat my motorcycle on those two counts.

ls10

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Have a blast, Paul! I'm going to be one of the medium-distance commuters. I drive about 50 per day. I have a Road King Classic but my wife won't get near it. Can't see her riding in the back of the Elio, either. (She get car sick easily.) So, no touring for me! :(

RickDeckard

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Heck you could sell your Road King and both of you could get an Elio and drive together... on a long trip... with vehicle to vehicle communicators... It is what I am going to do. In addition to commuting

ls10

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
No, The King isn't going anywhere any time soon. We'll just take the Odyssey on joint road trips.

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd love to take it on long trips as long as I can solve the luggage issue, either with a trailer or some kind of roof rack.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the "60"s and "70"s drove a VW Bug in Florida an average of 60,000 miles a year and believe me , if you can take that, the Elio should be a pleasure to drive!

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No real long trips for me in the Elio. I have a Class B Motorhome for those. 300 miles or less one way. I may purchase an enclosed trailer to tow behind my motorhome so my Elio will be with me for the in and around stuff. Anyone know the width and length of the Elio? Need to determine trailer clearance.

Top Bottom