• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Usa Article

bird

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the last measurements I saw on line. May change though with new prototype.
I also had a VW Bug in the late 60s. The Elio will be a pleasure.

Overall Length: 160.5″
Overall Height: 54.2″

Front Wheel Track: 66.8″
(center rim to center rim)

Wheelbase: 110″
(center of front wheels to center of rear wheel)

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have mixed feeling about the latest design. While I really don't mind the new position of the head lamps I am disappointed with the new fenders and coil springs. Both caused the Elio to loose some of it's hotrod look. Any word on the use of LED lighting for the turn signals, brake lights and possible head lamps? Sure would be cool if they were used.

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings too. Besides the headlights, I hope the design is not to far off the silver Elio.

I'm holding off until they get it done, it's really hard for me to picture the finished product based off of what I have seen so far.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio is not a "hot rod", nor should it look like one. Those LED lights are color killers with that sick blue tint to them that blinds on coming traffic. Also this ""cool"" LED lamp feature translates into more expense when they burn out (and they do), and they are expensive! As for the wheel spatz, they are aerodynamic, fitting and enhance the esthetics of the vehicle ! So---cool it!! RB

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last thing I'll do is tow anything behind this baby...I don't think it'll do well climbing up a steep hill towing anything heavy. But that's just MHO. That is also the reason I'm getting the manual transmission. I've been driving 100 miles plus 5 times a week for close to 25 years to and from work and the manual transmission kept me awake on those long drives. Besides, manual transmission is a lot cheaper to fix than an automatic one.

Top Bottom