• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Usa Today - Money Article And Video

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you tell me the Fat Boy then it will simply prove my point. The date limitations are a marketing tool and all you guys have willingly bought into them. Why do you allow yourselves to be used like that? You are all so brain washed you can't even conceive of someone doing it differently and getting away with it. Hello! What is wrong with this picture? :) Z
o_O:confused:
:);)

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, when you write to Paul, would you ask him to please use some of my $1000 to find a decent barber. Every video he has done lately, his hair looks like he cut it himself.
Not to change the subject but what's the big deal about which year? That it is the "The first production run" is what gives it collectable value to me. Has any one pursued the idea of a Paul Elio signature tastefully placed for added value to first production runs? As far as hair goes I hope he stays out of duck dynasty's West Monroe La.

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to change the subject but what's the big deal about which year? That it is the "The first production run" is what gives it collectable value to me. Has any one pursued the idea of a Paul Elio signature tastefully placed for added value to first production runs? As far as hair goes I hope he stays out of duck dynasty's West Monroe La.
I just want him to look his best when he picks up that $185,000,000 check.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know I just used those two as examples. Everyone does it. It would be nice if it were required to label each vehicle based on when it was manufactured.
When your register them in Europe they are registered by year of production no matter what model year the manufacturer wants to call them.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://usat.ly/1t4TvuI

Interesting quote from Paul, towards the end, not for it's news-worthiness, just ... interesting:

"I predict that we will sell out the first-year's production before we make the first vehicle."

That's sort of a "duh" to us, yes? :) And probably a goal for Elio Motors, one would think.

You can slide the scales back and forth to your liking... but we are at 27,000+ now, on track to be 39,000+ by end of '14... production estimates in the first year vary... and then the plan for now is around Sept 2015 for production to start. It's straight-forward, maybe even obvious (*gasp!*), that first-year will sell out before production starts. I think most of us agree that they will need to give that 30-day notice, I've read in various threads here, when reservations reach the number that Elio Motors feels they can crank out the first year. Example text from them: "Reservations will no longer be taken as of ______, as we have reached the number of reservations that we feel we can fulfill during the first year of production."

One variable that's been floating in the back of my mind for weeks now: fleet sales. I would not be surprised if EM has 'x' number of consumer vehicles and 'y' number of fleet vehicles = the first year of production.

Thoughts? Comments? Jabs? :)
Some of these thing are open to the interpretation of the reader. If you read what the production predictions are in this Motley Fool article, one could interpret the next Sept. date was being moved back to March 2016, or even moved up to March 2015, But I think the reference being made to when it will be available for the general public.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...for-tesla-motors-this-84-mpg-car-just-co.aspx

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of these thing are open to the interpretation of the reader. If you read what the production predictions are in this Motley Fool article, one could interpret the next Sept. date was being moved back to March 2016, or even moved up to March 2015, But I think the reference being made to when it will be available for the general public.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...for-tesla-motors-this-84-mpg-car-just-co.aspx
Interesting article. We have read other articles comparing Elio and Tesla but I like the presentation of this one best. I'm not going to worry about any projected dates because the article is already one month old so, as we all know, things change. Thanks again for posting. :-) Z

Top Bottom