• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vehicle Warranty

How Much Mileage would You put on Your Elio in What Amount of Time?

• Total voters

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The Elio is supposed to have a 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty.

I Drive on average about or More than 36,000 Miles in 1 Year.

Will there be an Option for HIGHER MILEAGE Warranty Available?

Or will a Cheap Replacement Powertrain be Available instead?

The 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty is Ok for Some People, but NOT for Everyone.

What do You Think?
How Much Would You put on Your Elio in What Amount of Time?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio is supposed to have a 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty.

I Drive on average about or More than 36,000 Miles in 1 Year.

Will there be an Option for HIGHER MILEAGE Warranty Available?

Or will a Cheap Replacement Powertrain be Available instead?

The 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty is Ok for Some People, but NOT for Everyone.

What do You Think?
How Much Would You put on Your Elio in What Amount of Time?

I think, that with proper periodic maintenance, that little engine could make 360,000 miles. Operative words being, "proper periodic maintenance", which few people do.

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
That
I think, that with proper periodic maintenance, that little engine could make 360,000 miles. Operative words being, "proper periodic maintenance", which few people do.

That could be True, but if and when Anything happens to the Vehicle, the Current Warranty is Only Good for 3 Years and 36,000 Miles.

Nothing was said about how Long COULD the Life of the Engine Possibly Be.

Just about the WARRANTY Was Mentioned for Whenever a Problem could happen Before the Warranty Period is Expired.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That

That could be True, but if and when Anything happens to the Vehicle, the Current Warranty is Only Good for 3 Years and 36,000 Miles.

Nothing was said about how Long COULD the Life of the Engine Possibly Be.

Just about the WARRANTY Was Mentioned for Whenever a Problem could happen Before the Warranty Period is Expired.

Yeah...I got nothing for you on that.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that OR is a bit pesky. I drive about 30k/yr.
It's pretty common to have extended warrantees available. But it could be a while until Elio can establish what that would cost.
Since the car is less (of everything), I would think they could just price that like more expensive cars do with low risk to them selves, and pocket the difference.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3yr 36k miles seems reasonable to me. I don't think a 10yr 100k mile warranty would be credible from a startup company that hasn't gone into production or even existed that long yet. Once they complete the first model year production run, I'd expect the future of the company and the reliability of the product to be established well enough to expand the warranty.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3yr 36k miles seems reasonable to me. I don't think a 10yr 100k mile warranty would be credible from a startup company that hasn't gone into production or even existed that long yet. Once they complete the first model year production run, I'd expect the future of the company and the reliability of the product to be established well enough to expand the warranty.
That and they would have real-world data on which components/systems are needing replacements, which would better inform any appropriate changes to their warranty policy.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A 3 year or 36000 mile warranty is competitive in the industry and will give new owners peace of mind. Because the price of the vehicle is so low, replacement parts should be low as well, including an engine or transmission if needed after the car is out of warranty. I hope the Elio is a quality built vehicle and not disposable transportation. I believe it will be a quality built vehicle and proper maintenance will keep in running for years to come.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else planning on a huge increase in driving? My last vehicle was 6 cylinder Nissan Maxima with an aggregate 3 year mileage limit of 36,000 miles. I turned it in last month with 16,000 total. I plan to return to the enjoyment of long drives with no planned time restraints to reach my target point. Elio will not only be transportation but will offer cheap entertainment.

Top Bottom