• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vehicle Warranty

How Much Mileage would You put on Your Elio in What Amount of Time?

• Total voters

John Higgins

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes, that OR is a bit pesky. I drive about 30k/yr.
It's pretty common to have extended warrantees available. But it could be a while until Elio can establish what that would cost.
Since the car is less (of everything), I would think they could just price that like more expensive cars do with low risk to them selves, and pocket the difference.
There are companies that sell extended warranties. If you don't have an issue in 36,000 miles it is most likely not warranty anyhow. That is my feeling. If you have a warranty issue it will happen within the 3 year/36,000 miles.

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
For a LOT of Us, We would Reach and go Past the Warranty in 3 Different Time Periods. 1. In Less than 1 Years Time. 2. In 1 Years Time. 3. In 2 Years Time.
Because of the Amount of Driving that We Do on a Regular Basis.

So, if we Drive Over 40,000 Miles in 2 Years Time and then either the Engine or the Transmission or Any other Major Part of the Vehicle Fails, then What are We to do at that point?

This is what I'm getting at. And a LOT of other People are Curious about this as well.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For a LOT of Us, We would Reach and go Past the Warranty in 3 Different Time Periods. 1. In Less than 1 Years Time. 2. In 1 Years Time. 3. In 2 Years Time.

So, if we Drive Over 40,000 Miles in 2 Years Time and then either the Engine or the Transmission or Any other Major Part of the Vehicle Fails, then What are We to do at that point?

This is what I'm getting at. And a LOT of other People are Curious about this as well.

There are usually places where you can get an extended warranty.
Maybe one will be offered by Elio by the time they are available.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

there really isn't any question about it, if the warrant is up and you haven't purchased an extended warranty, you have to pay for the repairs .... I bought my first vehicle back in 1965 and have purchased a good number of new ones since (my wife would say way too many) .... that has been true with every one of them ... as a side note, be careful when considering an extended warranty from any source than the manufacture/dealer .... I've been burned twice

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's out of warranty. You put on your Big Boy pants, get it fixed and pay the bill, just like you would with any other vehicle.!

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You question makes me wonder if this will be the first new vehicle you ever bought or considered buying.
You don't get a new one free if you break it under warranty.
And if your warranty has expired, oh well, you just pay to have it fixed.

Top Bottom