• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Visit Myers Motors

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting... at $20,000 though, I'd just prefer a gas version. 90 miles on a charge is probably plenty for a daily commuter but if I get 80 MPG from my Elio, it'll take 315,000 miles for the Sparrow to break even with the Elio (and that is only if electricity is free).

The Elio will go 315,223 miles on $13,200 worth of $3.35/gal gas. ($13,200 is the difference in price between the Elio and the Sparrow)

Still, an interesting take on the individualized commuter vehicle.

Reaction score
Well, I think that Sparrow is ugly. Looks like somebody punched a frog in the nose. I'm happy to be waiting patiently for my sexy little elios. But, just in case you missed it the Myers Motors was to be built in my neck of the woods. No word of what happened to them. My grandson and I visited 'the plant'. Bless the boy, he ran the hallways and ripped the lobby up like a 4 year old tired autistic child while grandma peppered the receptionist with questions. It was kind of fun, then the kid and I went to McDonald's for ice cream.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I think that Sparrow is ugly. Looks like somebody punched a frog in the nose. I'm happy to be waiting patiently for my sexy little elios. But, just in case you missed it the Myers Motors was to be built in my neck of the woods. No word of what happened to them. My grandson and I visited 'the plant'. Bless the boy, he ran the hallways and ripped the lobby up like a 4 year old tired autistic child while grandma peppered the receptionist with questions. It was kind of fun, then the kid and I went to McDonald's for ice cream.
The Sparrow isn't so much ugly as it is having a clown car styling which makes me smile. It would be fun to test drive...........fun to test drive the Elio too. I sense the Sparrow may lack some stars on the 5 star safety rating scale although have not seen the actual specs.

Jerry Kroll, a former race car champ is involved, so the Sparrow may be designed with a nascar rated safety roll cage.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Sparrow isn't so much ugly as it is having a clown car styling which makes me smile. It would be fun to test drive...........fun to test drive the Elio too. I sense the Sparrow may lack some stars on the 5 star safety rating scale although have not seen the actual specs.

Jerry Kroll, a former race car champ is involved, so the Sparrow may be designed with a nascar rated safety roll cage.
It was probably also designed using a pencil carved from the fallen branch of an ugly tree.

Reactions: Ekh

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was probably also designed using a pencil carved from the fallen branch of an ugly tree.
The journalist that wrote the article stated after his test drive that he felt like flying around in an Ironman Suit, the way driving should feel. Not as cool looking as an Ironman Suit, but the Clown car styling makes me smile and might even put smiles on faces of drivers that think it's the ugly duckling of the autocycle world. I bet it would beat Elio off the line in a 0-60. It's growing on me as a single seater around town FUNfunctional commuter vehicle. Don't care much for the price tag but the msrp could come down if mass produced. Certainly not for everyone, neither is the Elio.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The journalist that wrote the article stated after his test drive that it felt like flying around in an Ironman Suit, the way driving should feel. Not as cool looking as an Ironman Suit, but the Clown car styling makes me smile and might even put smiles on faces of drivers that think it's the ugly duckling of the autocycle world. I bet it would beat Elio off the line in a 0-60. It's growing on me as a single seater around town FUNfunctional commuter vehicle. Don't care much for the price tag but the msrp could come down if mass produced. Certainly not for everyone, neither is the Elio.
True... Good point. People buy these things too:

2011+Nissan+Juke.jpe

and these:

1201_ugly-car-nissan-cube_485x340.jpg

:puke:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I stopped smiling when I saw the new EMV17 model Sparrow Carbon fibre body style planned for the 2016-17 production build. Although a preliminary sketch this has potential to be quite the single seater three wheeler EV.

image.jpg

Top Bottom