• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Visit Myers Motors

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the picture. That thing is too ugly to live and should be put out of its misery immediately! I'm signing off before my dinner revisits the outer world....
Are you saying the original Corbin Sparrow is ugly, the #17 above Intermeccanica Coach Builder's EMV17 Sparrow redesign, or both? I personally think the above rendering by the guy that designed the Corvette has potential for one sleek single seater autocycle EV providing for some high performance fun driving.........like the journalist said after his test drive "it seemed like flying around in an Ironman suit." I like the concept and can't wait to see the prototype Build. The Sparrow had a huge fan base, thousands of pre-orders, a proven production vehicle, and Intermeccanica is a custom car builder building some amazing cars.

The EMV17 production prototype is simply a redisigned body style/cabin on the Sparrow's proven chassis and drive train so it shouldn't take these guys long to build one. It's an autocycle for hopeful EV commuter fans to watch for.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you saying the original Corbin Sparrow is ugly, the #17 above Intermeccanica Coach Builder's EMV17 Sparrow redesign, or both? I personally think the above rendering by the guy that designed the Corvette has potential for one sleek single seater autocycle EV providing for some high performance fun driving.........like the journalist said after his test drive "it seemed like flying around in an Ironman suit." I like the concept and can't wait to see the prototype Build. The Sparrow had a huge fan base, thousands of pre-orders, a proven production vehicle, and Intermeccanica is a custom car builder building some amazing cars.

The EMV17 production prototype is simply a redisigned body style/cabin on the Sparrow's proven chassis and drive train so it shouldn't take these guys long to build one. It's an autocycle for hopeful EV commuter fans to watch for.
The Clown Car version looks ugly to me. Th sexier body sketch looks much better. I enjoyed the movie, but when you look closely at the Corbin Sparrow, the fit and finish are terrible. For instance, the hood doesn't align with the body by about 3/4 inch or so. There's bare fiberglass on the inside, no insulation ... really, it's very primitive. The basic idea isn't so bad -- zip around in a single seater EV for cheap bucks -- but this looks like a miserable implementation of that idea. And it looks as if it has a 0 star safety rating. Or am I all wrong? I did like the amount of storage space, though.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Clown Car version looks ugly to me. Th sexier body sketch looks much better. I enjoyed the movie, but when you look closely at the Corbin Sparrow, the fit and finish are terrible. For instance, the hood doesn't align with the body by about 3/4 inch or so. There's bare fiberglass on the inside, no insulation ... really, it's very primitive. The basic idea isn't so bad -- zip around in a single seater EV for cheap bucks -- but this looks like a miserable implementation of that idea. And it looks as if it has a 0 star safety rating. Or am I all wrong? I did like the amount of storage space, though.
Time will tell what the custom car builder and the enterprise race car driver partnership will achieve with a redesign/build of the original Sparrow. They say the first redesign build ready by the end of this year. I say when I see it I'll believe it.

Top Bottom