• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vote For The Elgin Dash

Vote for Elgin Dash

• Love it

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 59 50.4%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I'm always too wishy-washy to choose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have an opinion 'cause I don't care

Votes: 13 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
EM knows how we feel about this dash, but haven't yet backed off it. How about offering the Elgin Dash as an extra-cost option? The'd sell perhaps a dozen of 'em.

agree that EM (specifically Paul) knows .... also agree that EM (specifically Paul) shows no signs of caring .... unless he has a 'Paul on the road to Damascus' moment, I doubt he will even agree to an approved option at extra cost

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think Paul Elio should keep quiet about the Elgin Dash while he is attracting investors.

that he has been (at least so far as published reports) .... I'm sure it is a topic that he wishes would go away .... months ago my wife expressed an opinion on Facebook and asked if there would be an option .... the response was if you don't like the dash, find yourself another vehicle that gets 84 mpg and listed the other basic sales points .... in their mind, they don't appear to believe that it will cost them sales and they are probably right .... as has been repeatedly noted, this is a golden opportunity for an aftermarket source to make some sales

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a rendering which gives us an idea of what the Elgin gauge cluster is supposed to look like installed in the vehicle.

View attachment 5317

I would like to see a more polished version installed in the vehicle before I make a definitive decision how I feel about this Elgin gauge cluster. There is bound to be a very big difference between how an initial proof of concept prototype looks sitting on its own outside the vehicle and a pre-production or production gauge cluster installed and fully functional in the dash.

I like this dash, but I like the steering wheel with the round center hub better though...

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The center of the steering wheel will have to be big because of the drivers "air bag".
Lets keep it simple so we have something to build on.
Good image but BOREING....In my opinion
Willie

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have stated before that I will take whatever dash configuration the Elio comes with...BUT...if I could have a voice in the matter, I would offer this thought:
The most observed part of a motor vehicle is the instrumentation. We all get very familiar with the appearance of the panel of whatever we are driving. Pilots, auto drivers, truck drivers, bikers, we all check out the instruments a lot.
That little "Elgin" dash with the revolving wheels viewed through little windows is gonna aggravate some drivers every time they look at it. I must agree with JEBar when he said "its the only ugly, rinky-dink feature on an innovative, stylish vehicle." I would prefer a different instrument panel, period.
But it is NOT a deal breaker for me, and I bet, not for most of you.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That Paul Elio is so selfish, engineering a vehicle to meet his personal specifications. I predict the retro Elgin dash will be well received by all in 2016.

Maybe it's that damn Elgin dash that's causing all the delays with EM waiting on the supplier. Just a thought.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That Paul Elio is so selfish, engineering a vehicle to meet his personal specifications. I predict the retro Elgin dash will be well received by all in 2016.

Maybe it's that damn Elgin dash that's causing all the delays with EM waiting on the supplier. Just a thought.
No doubt..

Top Bottom