• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vote For The Elgin Dash

Vote for Elgin Dash

• Love it

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 59 50.4%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I'm always too wishy-washy to choose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have an opinion 'cause I don't care

Votes: 13 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes it does Smitty901. That will be my first self-modification without a doubt.

Did some looking at the Dakota Digital line
Not sure whether I like the Elliptical, Analog Instrument
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....t_id=847/category_id=416/mode=prod/prd847.htm
or the Recessed Oval Analog VHX Instrument
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....t_id=846/category_id=233/mode=prod/prd846.htm
Which ever fits best, probably the Black Alloy with Blue or White.
Never really liked the red night lights in the Pipers or Cessnas I used to fly.

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If this particular detail is so "minor and unknown", why are there so many seemingly passionate opinions expressed about it?
I too, could make bullet points and attach files all day long. Prove anything? Not really.
The fact still remains that both polls on this site indicate that the overwhelming majority hate this thing.
As far as "too much time on my hands", I stongly suggest that you try to refrain from getting personal, thank you very much.

that's a generalized "you"

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If this particular detail is so "minor and unknown", why are there so many seemingly passionate opinions expressed about it?
I too, could make bullet points and attach files all day long. Prove anything? Not really.
The fact still remains that both polls on this site indicate that the overwhelming majority hate this thing.
As far as "too much time on my hands", I stongly suggest that you try to refrain from getting personal, thank you very much.

Right, I think you get my point.

The debate is passionate, yes very much so, but sometimes devoid of valid arguments too. For many instruments, I myself like analogue displays, because: I am used to them, I like the design and so on. To state that they lead to mistakes, are dangerous and difficult to read or hideous to most people, is just not true. If one doesn't like the Elio dash prototype (as in not final, subject to change) or personally, due to age or ability, has difficulties with anything but an old-school needle over numbers display, it is o.k.. Not a problem and in this day and age, easy to swap out or to augment with an on dash aftermarket gauge cluster or HUD display (plugs in easily into the OBDII port). To say that somehow Elio Motors might be scaring away investors through a minor design change or that accidents are bound to happen is beyond silly.

Btw: The speed limit is only an upper value under perfect conditions. Many times a driver will be technically in violation of the speed limit even though the vehicle is travelling at a slower speed. Therefore your speedometer reads aren't that crucial to keeping you safe. Did you ever drive without a speedometer? It is possible and safe even if it isn't legal.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To state that they are...or...hideous to most people, is just not true... To say that somehow Elio Motors might be scaring away investors through a minor design change...is beyond silly.
Again, I don't see reason why those that voted in two different polls and reinforced those votes with posts on this site would lie.
The MAJORITY of those voting should not have to pay big bucks to swap out something they consider way undesireable in a brand new vehicle.
Kinda kills one of the EM's basic principles of "not having to pay for what you don't want."

And so...
Once again we're saying that PE's and EM's refusal to give thier customers what they really want (for purely sentimental reasons) will absolutely not affect their perceived image what-so-ever and we're also saying that even though It's not me in particular that has too much time on my hands, I am, in fact, "beyond silly"? (Shakes head and walks away). :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
in the speaking from my belief which may or may not reflect the truth of the situation .... Paul sees this as a way of honoring his father .... nothing wrong with that, quiet the contrary, its admirable .... with him its a matter of pride and to him that ends the story .... its his car, he will have what he wants, period .... he doesn't believe it will cost him sales, take it or leave it
Yes, it's sort of like Paul Elio's personal signature on the Elio, with everything else plain old off the shelf parts with little to no meaning.

Top Bottom