• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vote For The Elgin Dash

Vote for Elgin Dash

• Love it

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 59 50.4%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I'm always too wishy-washy to choose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have an opinion 'cause I don't care

Votes: 13 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ctfink

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hey to all!
The extravagant options are all cool for those who desire. I originally contemplated a number of really 'boss' ideas
but I am ready to suffice with a rocket silver instead of my original thought of black w/flames and a dash that's analog
(remembering my GMC Jimmy digital dash that I had to replace twice) and cruise control and also a trailer hitch that
would give me a hook-up in the nasty thought that Elio might need to be towed on the flat-bed. Remember, the rest
is all standard. Will try to keep it as close to $6,800 as promised. Oh yes, I forgot; I am getting an ELIO hat ! -later :) CTF

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Show your support or disdain for the elgin dash shown @ 4:18 in the clip.

With the 'old school' Metro dash, I could keep my eyes on the road and still know approximately how fast I was going. Early on with those types of dashes, I would know what position the "needle" was in at particular speeds. I could tell my speed with only my peripheral vison. Not only that, the numbers are too small and too close together with no graduations between, say, 60mph and 50mph. For those reasons, I feel this dash is less safe than the style that's in the P4 at present. Most of the dash is blank, wasted, space. Don't I keep hearing that two top priorities with the Elio are safety and handling? With all due respect (truely), I don't think I want to sacrifice safety, looks and user-friendliness for someone else's sentimentality. I don't think I would ever get used to it and I think it would feel extremely clunky for as long as I owned the vehicle. What say ye all?

I have more problem with being forced to buy something from Apple if I want to use that technology than the dash.
Whatever the vehicle comes with in standard features is fine.
Hopefully, there is an Android friendly version, or something other than Apple, available at some point,

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully, there is an Android friendly version, or something other than Apple, available at some point,

it was originally reported that the Skyz system would work with an Android .... haven't heard of that being changed but haven't seen much recently on the system

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FYI: re the "Elgin Dash" (from facebook)

elgin dash.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, it's "different" looking, but doesn't bother me all that much. I could see maybe making the numbers on the tach green, yellow and red so you know when you're about ready to launch a piston. Personally, I just listened to the engine to know when to shift. And once I'm up to speed and kick the cruise on I'll be too busy keeping an eye on the gawkers to pay much attention to the dash.

Not going to lose a wink of sleep over it.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, it's "different" looking, but doesn't bother me all that much. I could see maybe making the numbers on the tach green, yellow and red so you know when you're about ready to launch a piston. Personally, I just listened to the engine to know when to shift. And once I'm up to speed and kick the cruise on I'll be too busy keeping an eye on the gawkers to pay much attention to the dash.

I'll reserve judgement until I see what it's like to read the dash at night.
Bi-focals make a world of difference between night and day.

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

They have actually stated that they are looking into making numbers on the tachometer appear in different colors, which ironically is some form of analogue info that works rather well. ;)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Listen to the people, give the people what they want, "build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door".
Do the exact opposite and basically prove yourself to be just another egomaniac wearing blinders and earplugs.
Someone not able to hear the wishes of the market for the sake of their own voice.
Someone who decides that they are unwilling and unable to accommodate the majority because of nothing more than their own personal preference.

"Better" is the relative term here.
"Better" for, and to, you and to a small minority means that you can at least be assured that a minority will buy it over the long run.
"Better" for, and to, the majority means that it will be more likely that the "path" thing will happen.

I am so sick of those in charge thinking that they, and they alone, know what's "really" best for us, that I want to scream.
There seems to be a multitude of folks that also feel that way.

And yes, this is exactly the sort of behavior that would make me, if I were a potential investor, decide against investing in EM.
But, I'm only a member of the majority, so I must either not know what I'm talking about, or not know what's "really" good for me.
And since I'm only a member of the majority, what I think and/or do has absolutely no significant effect on anything, Elio-wise or otherwise according to EM and a small minority of people.
Or... all of the above, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom