• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vw's Problems

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I live where there is no emission testing so if I purchased a TDI at half price :D I guess it would be a bargain .Must be a silver lining somewhere

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I live where there is no emission testing so if I purchased a TDI at half price :D I guess it would be a bargain .Must be a silver lining somewhere
I know they'll be making deals on them; but I really doubt that you'll get 50% off.
Where do you live that they don't have emission testing? I thought every state had some kind of testing; it's a cash cow for them.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really..... Well now that you're here, get ready for the $15 extra every other year for emission testing.
I can handle that!!, NY required extensive exam- headlight alignment, brakes/tire wear +++ (On the upside) the tests were performed at private businesses. Sooooo- "things can change" after you pull out of the station- me smiling, with hand on wallet.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PA does annual inspections and some counties have emissions and some do not.
Is that because of the smog that the mills used to spew-out? Easy I said it in the past tense.
I happen to think it's going to be a great town, my kid lived there for a few years. I was amazed that so many abanded homes weren't burned down. Detroit comes to mind- great housing stock, VERY cheap , and about to gentrify

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I can handle that!!, NY required extensive exam- headlight alignment, brakes/tire wear +++ (On the upside) the tests were performed at private businesses. Sooooo- "things can change" after you pull out of the station- me smiling, with hand on wallet.
Funny we're talking tabs and tests; I just got my renewal notice for mine; it's $84.00 and no test this year. That's on a 2008 Dodge Nitro 4X4
And I just read on the back of the notice "If you're thinking about buying a new car, be sure it's California emission compliant" WA state put in a little catch that if your car/truck is 2009 or newer it has to meet California emission standards.
When they test it, if it's a newer vehicle (like 2000 and newer) they plug into your OBDII plug and let the computers talk to each other; it spits out the results and it's a Pass / Fail test. They do collect the money before they do any testing, and you have to get out of your car and wait in a little booth while they do the testing.

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know they'll be making deals on them; but I really doubt that you'll get 50% off.
Where do you live that they don't have emission testing? I thought every state had some kind of testing; it's a cash cow for them.
When I lived in southern MD they didn't have emissions testing. They still don't. About 30mins north in Waldorf they do.

Top Bottom