• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vw's Problems

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny we're talking tabs and tests; I just got my renewal notice for mine; it's $84.00 and no test this year. That's on a 2008 Dodge Nitro 4X4
And I just read on the back of the notice "If you're thinking about buying a new car, be sure it's California emission compliant" WA state put in a little catch that if your car/truck is 2009 or newer it has to meet California emission standards.
When they test it, if it's a newer vehicle (like 2000 and newer) they plug into your OBDII plug and let the computers talk to each other; it spits out the results and it's a Pass / Fail test. They do collect the money before they do any testing, and you have to get out of your car and wait in a little booth while they do the testing.
WAIT!!!! EVERYONE DOESN'T HAVE TO DO THIS??!!!

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As climate is taken more seriously we'll see more of the CARB in the rest of the nation and eventually the world. Although it'll probably be a dollar short and a day late.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WAIT!!!! EVERYONE DOESN'T HAVE TO DO THIS??!!!
not if you live in Florida, including 85 yr old drivers renewing their license on line- no vision test, no short-term questions like " what's your address?", and what is "POTS spelled backwards??
well IX:LVII time to turn in

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
California dreamin' indeed.
I used to get nervous just driving the 18-wheeler through the state.
You always feel like you're doing something wrong...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
not if you live in Florida, including 85 yr old drivers renewing their license on line- no vision test, no short-term questions like " what's your address?", and what is "POTS spelled backwards??
well IX:LVII time to turn in
Don't know your address and ignore POTS signs. That's when autonomous cars will come in handy. I wonder if Elio will offer an autonomous option.

Top Bottom