• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Waffling On Base Price. Can They Make $6,800?

What will be the actual base price of the Elio (excluding taxes,delivery and paperwork)

• $6,800

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • $7,000

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • $7,200

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • $7,500

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • over $7,500

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With so many future Elio Owners saying they will be willing and happy as clams paying $10K for a base Elio, and never believed $6800 was possible, we can rest assured that EM's target price will move much farther from $6800 and much closer to $10K with reservationists so eager to pay more. Now many are willing to pay even more for the $6800 Elio we can't currently purchase in Elioville. After such a long wait any price will do?

After looking at the P5 build and specifications $6800 is right on. Please stop offering more unless you are bidding to buy my 1st production run Elio.

Paul has said that what is important to him is high volume & low price. He also stated that keeping the price low, is a good way of "discouraging" competition.
A member of this group asked Jerome (as I remember) "why they don't raise the price to 10k, as they could surely justify the price." And his reply was, (basically) "we know we could but, it's important to keep it as affordable as possible for those who need affordable transportation.
So, I personally am not worried. "IF" they charge a bit more that $6800, It is because they must.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Precisely. If they could beat the $6800 target and still make a profit, they would. The whole point is to be able to produce and sell millions of Elios. That's how they establish themselves as a brand and how they make a difference while still making money. They have the product and the lower the price, the more compelling it becomes. From that solid base they can expand with performance and specialized fleet models and two door, three seat configurations and electric or hybrid powertrains. An Elio in every driveway is the vision and with that comes immense savings for the economy and equally immense profits for Elio Motors. It's the ultimate win-win scenario.

Screw Powerball, I'm buying more Elio stock!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has said that what is important to him is high volume & low price. He also stated that keeping the price low, is a good way of "discouraging" competition.
A member of this group asked Jerome (as I remember) "why they don't raise the price to 10k, as they could surely justify the price." And his reply was, (basically) "we know we could but, it's important to keep it as affordable as possible for those who need affordable transportation.
So, I personally am not worried. "IF" they charge a bit more that $6800, It is because they must.

If I were a bettin man I'd bet
Elio will have a Turbo option
if not in the 1st yr. for sure in
the 2nd......now about that
dash.....:))

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking for an original base model. Nothing fancy, just functional.

My thoughts as well, although I think I'll spring for heated seats in mine. I always thought of heated seats as some bourgeois upgrade until I got a car that came standard with them. Now I know just how wonderful they are on freezing mornings! And if cruise control is an option then I'm totally taking that.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I skipped a few of the pages, but are others saying they would be happy with a base price of $10k? I mentioned being happy with mine optioned as I want it and out the door "tax, tag, title, fees" for under $10k. I would not think anyone here would be happy with a base of $10k.
I'm happy! after all the extras and accessories OTD at 15k +/- about my motorcycle prices, and didn't have a, c. as an option.
It's been sooooooo long I'll be ecstatic when the $1,500 shows up as a credit!!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking for an original base model. Nothing fancy, just functional.
Me as well! No automatic trans either! I've never owned a really fancy, top of the line, loaded w/ all the latest gizmos myself? Well for one, I can't afford it and secondly, I've always thought that the more complicated the car is, the more things can go wrong, and the fix won't be cheap!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
These will probably be the most "collectable". Especially with the dash, regardless if we like it or not.
If you're looking for collectable, preferably it has to have a low production number (like in the first 200), little or no miles, and don't expect it to be worth more than you paid for it for at least 30 to 40 years. Also make sure it's stored correctly (it is a whole process to store a vehicle correctly for that long).

I'm getting mine to be able to enjoy it, which includes driving the tires down to the nubs, and then getting a new set and repeat; I plan on doing this a few times. :thumb: It will also include my own design of "personalization" designed strictly for me.
I have a sticker on my tool box that I put there in 1980 that says "To hell with how they do it in California" :becky:

Top Bottom