• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Waffling On Base Price. Can They Make $6,800?

What will be the actual base price of the Elio (excluding taxes,delivery and paperwork)

• $6,800

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • $7,000

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • $7,200

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • $7,500

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • over $7,500

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's something I've never seen stated before

"Starting MSRP excludes options, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration."
Where did I see it? Right at the bottom of this:

The Elio Team posted: "Hello Elio'ers! We're right in the thick of the North American International Auto Show. Last week, it was dedicated to press and industry, but on Saturday that all changed when the doors opened to the public. Now many futureliowners in the area are able"

0b574bcb6d3753406f958c43247d4302?s=50&d=identicon&r=G.jpg

Elio Motors Tour – The North American International Auto Show
by The Elio Team

Hello Elio'ers! We're right in the thick of the North American International Auto Show. Last week, it was dedicated to press and industry, but on Saturday that all changed when the doors opened to the public. Now many futureliowners in the area are able to get a glimpse of the P5 in person. Well, not just a glimpse. They can touch it, talk to our team, get behind the wheel and even make car sounds while envisioning their very own Elio out on the road. As we approach our projected production date of Q4 2016, the vision is becoming closer to reality and we couldn't be more excited about it.

[Broken External Image]

This tour stop, in particular, is huge for us. The “Who's Who" of the auto industry is in attendance and we're in the birthplace of American manufacturing so there is a lot of buzz around our American-made vehicle. That's just one of the many reasons Elio Motors is receiving a lot of positive attention. In past years, auto shows have been known for showcasing the speed and power of muscle cars. However, the trends are changing and, even though performance is still a major factor, efficiency, practicality, and connectivity are on the rise. (ESPN) This trend is great for yours truly. The practicality of our three-wheeler is undeniable. An up to 84 MPG for a targeted $6,800* base price can put so much money back in the pockets of the people, while reducing our country's carbon footprint and reliance on foreign oil. It just makes sense. So we couldn’t agree more with the feedback we've been getting from our booth visitors.

Take, for instance, Pat and Katherine. They heard about us a couple of years ago on the news and, after some research, reserved their Elio. The style of the Elio in combination with the targeted price is what sold them. Seeing the P5 in person, they were very happy and Katherine added, "I'm so surprised at how much room I had in the back!"

[Broken External Image]

The size of the Elio is a common topic in the booth, and it definitely was when Tom B. walked up to us. He stands tall at 6 feet, 8 inches. Many were anxious to see if he would fit comfortably. The result? Tom: "It felt good. I had enough headroom and Pam told me about the tilt steering wheel feature which would definitely come in handy."

[Broken External Image]

We'll be here until Sunday, ready to show you the new P5 and answer any questions you may have. We're on the concourse near Hall B. And, another plus? You don't need a ticket to visit the Elio Motors booth. Hope to see you soon!

*Starting MSRP excludes options, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration.

The Elio Team | January 19, 2016 at 5:27 pm

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's something I've never seen stated before

"Starting MSRP excludes options, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration."
Where did I see it? Right at the bottom of this:

The Elio Team posted: "Hello Elio'ers! We're right in the thick of the North American International Auto Show. Last week, it was dedicated to press and industry, but on Saturday that all changed when the doors opened to the public. Now many futureliowners in the area are able"

0b574bcb6d3753406f958c43247d4302?s=50&d=identicon&r=G.jpg

Elio Motors Tour – The North American International Auto Show
by The Elio Team

Hello Elio'ers! We're right in the thick of the North American International Auto Show. Last week, it was dedicated to press and industry, but on Saturday that all changed when the doors opened to the public. Now many futureliowners in the area are able to get a glimpse of the P5 in person. Well, not just a glimpse. They can touch it, talk to our team, get behind the wheel and even make car sounds while envisioning their very own Elio out on the road. As we approach our projected production date of Q4 2016, the vision is becoming closer to reality and we couldn't be more excited about it.

[Broken External Image]

This tour stop, in particular, is huge for us. The “Who's Who" of the auto industry is in attendance and we're in the birthplace of American manufacturing so there is a lot of buzz around our American-made vehicle. That's just one of the many reasons Elio Motors is receiving a lot of positive attention. In past years, auto shows have been known for showcasing the speed and power of muscle cars. However, the trends are changing and, even though performance is still a major factor, efficiency, practicality, and connectivity are on the rise. (ESPN) This trend is great for yours truly. The practicality of our three-wheeler is undeniable. An up to 84 MPG for a targeted $6,800* base price can put so much money back in the pockets of the people, while reducing our country's carbon footprint and reliance on foreign oil. It just makes sense. So we couldn’t agree more with the feedback we've been getting from our booth visitors.

Take, for instance, Pat and Katherine. They heard about us a couple of years ago on the news and, after some research, reserved their Elio. The style of the Elio in combination with the targeted price is what sold them. Seeing the P5 in person, they were very happy and Katherine added, "I'm so surprised at how much room I had in the back!"

[Broken External Image]

The size of the Elio is a common topic in the booth, and it definitely was when Tom B. walked up to us. He stands tall at 6 feet, 8 inches. Many were anxious to see if he would fit comfortably. The result? Tom: "It felt good. I had enough headroom and Pam told me about the tilt steering wheel feature which would definitely come in handy."

[Broken External Image]

We'll be here until Sunday, ready to show you the new P5 and answer any questions you may have. We're on the concourse near Hall B. And, another plus? You don't need a ticket to visit the Elio Motors booth. Hope to see you soon!

*Starting MSRP excludes options, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration.

The Elio Team | January 19, 2016 at 5:27 pm

I'm going to take a wild guess that you don't spend much time over on the Elio Facebook site.
There are an amazing number of people who seem to imply that Tax, Title, and Registration should be included.
Probably just to be argumentative.
And then there are the ones who seem to think that just because they want automatic they shouldn't have to pay extra for that option.
Sounds like Elio is trying to make it crystal so that the mentally challenged don't have something to whine about.

doug stanley

Elio Fan
Reaction score
theres been a lot of talk on this thread about the starting price. at first $6800 did catch my eye but even more then that was the fact it is an inclosed motorcycle. confort for an old man , wow. i used to love to take long weekends and ride as far as i could go in half the time i had then use the other half to get home. i just loved it. i live near tyler texas. made many trips to west texas,hot springs ark,saint louis ms,wilamena ark, big bend texas, and on and on and on. i've rode in flash floods,lightning, once in big bend it was so hot my whole face blistered with big water filled blisters. i loved it. riding was wonderful. then i've gotten older til i have finally gotten old. me and my elio will do it again if they don't put off the producton date too many more times. carlsbad was a nice ride to. anyway, i'm getting a lot of extras. someone commented earlier about heated seats, about how he used to feel about them until he used them. says he will be getting heated seats now. thats how i was. i'm getting everything i can afford or put on a note , i'm going to LOVE my elio. most riders wouldn't think twice about paying $20,000 for a harley davidson. thats the way i am about my elio. don't worry. one old man making that statement want send the price into the sky.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's the first I've heard about a tilt steering wheel. Is that a option or a stock feature?
If it is an option or stock, depends on how easily it can be changed from one to the other. Options will be installed at the marshaling centers. If it is easy to change from fixed to tilting or vice-versa, it will probably be an option changed at the marshaling centers. If it is difficult to change from one to the other, it will probably be stock, and thus installed at Shreveport.

So, how difficult would it be to change from one to the other? It looks like more mechanical work than would be performed at the marshaling centers.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The majority of NEW vehicles today have "Tilting" steering wheels. Very few have "Telescoping" steering wheels.
It would be easier to install "Tilting" steering wheel in the ELIO. If you don't want it tilted, don't move it.. One model fits all.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm possibly wrong about this but i seem to recall reading somewhere that tilt was standard. Don't know who makes the steering column but it may be a case of the tilt column being more available than non-tilting. All lot a cars that claim to have tilt don't really tilt the wheel but moves the entire column up and down by a couple of inches. If this is the type of column used it would be very easy to implement into the design or to add on at the marshaling centers if it is an option.

Top Bottom