• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Washington Post Trike Article

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. Many people think it means only 60 or 65.
Once I leave the "High Fence" the limit is 75 and 80 MPH all the way to the nearest town.

understood .... we spend the winter in Texas where 65 - 70 mph speed limits can be found on some 2 lane highways .... its easy to fall into a mindset that the way things are in our area are the same everywhere .... a 50 mph vehicle might work really well in some places and be very impractical in others .... they say an Elio will have a top speed at or above 100 mph .... the gives it flexibility for use in a wide range of settings

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When the speed limit was 65 I was driving 65-70. Now that it's 70 I'll be driving 65-70. The key is to enforce the speedlimits and ticket the 80-90 mph offenders. I have no idea how the Elio will handle at highway speeds in various driving and environmental conditions. Has anyone driven the P4 over 35 mph?

My guess is that I won't feel particularly safe/comfortable driving the Elio over 65-70 mph in high speed traffic situations. It will essentially be an around town commuter and no doubt meet a high % of my local solo driving needs as a second vehicle.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That will be a challenge. You will find out the more you drive it, the more you will want to drive it.
It's a learning process. There should be no problems. Stay away from dense traffic at first.
As with any driving, Be Aware of the Traffic Around You, and drive defensive.
HTH
WIllie

Top Bottom